• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And....we’re back!
2 2

59 posts in this topic

On 4/1/2023 at 9:48 AM, Jayman said:

Minor, but all the avatar pics are stretched in the threads while viewing on my iPhone. Really bad with the generic letter versions…

I’m seeing this as well, but interestingly not everyone’s avatar appears stretched.

On 4/2/2023 at 9:36 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Death to supermarket shelf rotation! And death to those who say there's a reason for it, and that it is to get us to buy more things!

They want to keep us confused, so we don't know where to go and therefore see and impulse buy more items.  It's deeply annoying.

On 4/2/2023 at 5:40 PM, OtherEric said:
On 4/2/2023 at 5:36 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Death to supermarket shelf rotation! And death to those who say there's a reason for it, and that it is to get us to buy more things!

They want to keep us confused, so we don't know where to go and therefore see and impulse buy more items.  It's deeply annoying.

I think you just signed your own death warrant, Eric :eek:

On 4/2/2023 at 12:39 PM, steveinthecity said:

I’m seeing this as well, but interestingly not everyone’s avatar appears stretched.

Probably due to the original uploaded size before the site conforms it to the uniform square we see.

On 4/2/2023 at 9:44 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I think you just signed your own death warrant, Eric :eek:

I was just quoting what the person at my local store told me!  I was trying to get you to target them!

With that said, if I failed to make myself clear that I was just relaying information on a target, I accept your ruling and will present myself for the warrant to be carried out at any date after April 1, 3217 you care to submit.

On 4/2/2023 at 5:59 PM, OtherEric said:

I was just quoting what the person at my local store told me!  I was trying to get you to target them!

With that said, if I failed to make myself clear that I was just relaying information on a target, I accept your ruling and will present myself for the warrant to be carried out at any date after April 1, 3217 you care to submit.

I can only do next Thursday Eric. 

AnnualQuaintDassierat-size_restricted.gif.4958960eee7d0131bbe2f52bf2d34d51.gif

On 4/2/2023 at 5:36 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Being OCD I always go towards the back of the display, anyway.

Edited by Ken Aldred

• Administrator
On 4/2/2023 at 10:35 AM, JollyComics said:

Some functions are having issues like drag and drop images here prevented me. I have to exit and re-enter my sale thread. I tried to do the drag and drop image one more time. It worked. It happened today.

When I get back from vacation I'll go through this thread and any others I see that people are reporting problems.  I've already sent the guy that is overseeing "the fix" 5 or 6 e-mails this weekend.  Plus, the 8 or 9 I sent him before we had a meeting.  

On 4/3/2023 at 2:13 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I get the same notification over and over....for 5 new messages that don’t exist 

I am getting this too, but I find the old message from a year or two ago.  I was getting this more on the weekend…seems to have settled down now.

I am just getting one notification for the same years-old message, every time I log in. Then it goes away.

Still having trouble logging in on some browsers, now it's the safari browser on my phone. Just whisks me back to the home page when I try to log-in. Meanwhile, I now seem to be getting in ok at work, so I expect most of this stuff will sort itself out.

"Merry Christmas"

That's the notice I keep getting.  Says I have new personal messages, but obviously there's nothing.  

I just got logged out on my phone, as happens every couple of days (it annoys the hell out of me, and I WISH it would get fixed). But I didn't even notice as oddly, despite being signed out, it still showed me which threads I'd read and which had new content, etc, something you've got to be signed in to do. How does that even work? 

I'm also getting a glitch in the "search" function (on laptop).  The area you choose to search (like "everywhere") stays in the search box when you're typing in whatever term you're trying to search.  It also appears the drop-down of where you can search has changed, but that could be on porpoise.

I received one "fake" message and it told me in so many words to "ef bugger off."

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
... off