• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Fantastic Four # 1 - Not a reprint!

18 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I have decided to part with my raw copy of Fantastic Four # 1. It's beat, complete, and unrestored! The page quality is very good. At worst, I'd call it CR-OW. The major problems with the book are a missing upper right corner with tape stain (tape no longer present), significant spine wear, and the cover is partially detached at the top staple. There is some light staining on the lower edge of the front cover and top portion of the back. The book is a solid enough to be flipped through carefully. This copy is an excellent restoration candidate, but it displays extremely well in its' current state especially with the recreation upper right hand corner I have made for it. The recreation corner was painstakingly made using an inkjet printer and simply slips in behind the front cover. It is not attached in any way. The scan does not do justice to how good it looks in-hand. Also, you can align it much more precisely than it was for this particular scan.

[sales pitch] If you have ever wanted to own a copy of the first silver age Marvel comic, this is the most affordable chance you'll ever get! I'm asking $800.00, plus $15 shipping in the United States, or $25 for shipping to international forumites. Payment via PayPal is preferred and use of credit card is welcome! Please feel free to PM me with any questions![/sales pitch]

Thanks for looking!

-Jim

FF1-fr-600sm.jpg

FF1-Replace-600sm.jpg

Please note that although you can see micro-chamber paper in this scan, it was not CGC graded. I purchase micro-chamber paper for my more valuable books and place it in there myself.

FF1-bk-600sm.jpg

Last I heard Chromium only needed two more issues to complete his FF run and this is one of them. He also tends to buy lower grade copies of the $ books.

I don't know howoften he reads the Marketplace, so it might be worth your time to send him a PM. confused-smiley-013.gif

Last I heard Chromium only needed two more issues to complete his FF run and this is one of them. He also tends to buy lower grade copies of the $ books.

I don't know howoften he reads the Marketplace, so it might be worth your time to send him a PM. confused-smiley-013.gif

And don't let him pay you in chocolate!

And don't let him pay you in chocolate!

Hummm, chocolates !

APMiniMeChoc.gif