• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a recognized error?

4 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello @JsCardShop

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am not able to evaluate cards or errors via shared photos. To confirm if the card is recognized as an error, it would need to be submitted for grading. I can share the following additional information:

CGC Trading Cards | Error Guide.

Some common items that we do not recognize:

• Holo Bleed - when the holographic decal of the card shifts into the main body of the card.

• Crimping - Card damage from the pack foil sealing mechanism. This is considered damage and not an error.

• Cardboard cards - These were never intended to be cards. This is not an error. 

• Stamp-through error - This is a normal occurrence from the foil die. The wet ink from the card was transferred to the card stacked on top of it. 

If you need any additional help, please let us know. 

Have a good day! 

On 4/2/2023 at 8:39 AM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @JsCardShop

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am not able to evaluate cards or errors via shared photos. To confirm if the card is recognized as an error, it would need to be submitted for grading. I can share the following additional information:

• Holo Bleed - when the holographic decal of the card shifts into the main body of the card.

• Crimping - Card damage from the pack foil sealing mechanism. This is considered damage and not an error.

• Cardboard cards - These were never intended to be cards. This is not an error. 

• Stamp-through error - This is a normal occurrence from the foil die. The wet ink from the card was transferred to the card stacked on top of it. 

Have a good day! 

Thank you for getting back to me, I may send it in just to see. It's not technically holo bleed by your company's definition I suppose since it doesn't bleed through the main body. 

On 4/2/2023 at 8:39 AM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @JsCardShop

Have a good day! 

Just so everyone knows, CGC DOES recognize factory crimping as a error. Just to clear anymore confusion....

Screenshot_20230405_153754_YouTube.jpg