• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

June 2023 Heritage Signature Auction #7340
4 4

566 posts in this topic

On 6/28/2023 at 7:40 PM, Sideshow Bob said:

I was the winner on the cover last year, and was neither the winner or underbidder on this one. Always nice to see that there are more than just two people at the top of a market! 

Yeah, but the price of the next one fell 22.5% when you were taken out of the equation! :baiting: 

Edited by delekkerste

On 6/29/2023 at 1:17 PM, delekkerste said:

Yeah, but the price of the next one fell 22.5% when you were taken out of the equation! :baiting: 

Thankfully, they weren't the same quality or I would have been a bidder. Objectively, the one I paid more for was a superior image. I actually thought it would this one would max out at $30k, and was surprised when it pushed through that level. But it wasn't a $40k cover. Not every difference in price is due to bidder participation or market vagaries. 

On 6/29/2023 at 2:46 PM, Sideshow Bob said:

Thankfully, they weren't the same quality or I would have been a bidder. Objectively, the one I paid more for was a superior image. I actually thought it would this one would max out at $30k, and was surprised when it pushed through that level. But it wasn't a $40k cover. Not every difference in price is due to bidder participation or market vagaries. 

Yeah, but you're forgetting the Starro Tax(tm)!!

:jokealert: 

Wow, that Aquaman #451 cover compounded at almost 24% a year between when it sold for $5.1K in Nov. 2014 until now, or about 21% net of Heritage's cut assuming the seller's commission was waived. Not too shabby. Bet the numbers looked a lot less impressive after the first 5 years (the #450 cover sold for $7.8K in 2019, suggesting that prices were a fraction of 2022-23 levels at that time).