• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

June 2023 Heritage Signature Auction #7340
4 4

566 posts in this topic

On 6/25/2023 at 11:23 AM, batman_fan said:

The one item I really wanted but two people wanted it more.  I am now thinking I should have made the winner pay more.

Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 9.22.25 AM.png

I was in on the Little Sambo art (and should have tried harder, in hindsight) and some of the Earling Sleeping Beauty pieces before they went to the stratosphere. Tell you what, all of the Song of the South stuff blew up... wow... something about Disney never wanting to show that film again unlocked a lot of bidder wallets.

Edited by KirbyCollector

On 6/25/2023 at 11:07 AM, KirbyCollector said:

I was in on the Little Sambo art (and should have tried harder, in hindsight) and some of the Earling Sleeping Beauty pieces before they went to the stratosphere. Tell you what, all of the Song of the South stuff blew up... wow... something about Disney never wanting to show that film again unlocked a lot of bidder wallets.

I think you are spot on.

On 6/25/2023 at 10:37 AM, tth2 said:

The voice always cracks me up when bids come in really fast.

Five Hun....Six Hun....Seven Hun....CAN I FINISH WHAT I AM FRICKEN SAYING BEFORE YOU BID AGA....Eight Hundred...

On 6/25/2023 at 2:48 PM, Fischb1 said:

I think Friday's Byrne sold well too. 45k for a panel page with Kitty running away from an alien/brood? That's not squishy, add Wolverine with claws or Phoenix and you're back up to 70k. This all seems like peak pricing to me.

i agree- the cap page seemed to be a lot, the champions page did great and the alpha flight 12 page didn't take a beating being moved so quickly

Hey Rob!

I thought the Byrne Champions page ($15,600 for a strong panel page) was nuts...I'd love to buy me more Byrne Champions pages, but I can't compete at that level.

Lots of Byrne fans out there, and for good reasons.

Dan

Today's prices have been very strong. Overall, I'd say Thursday was strong. Friday was a mixed bag. Some strong, some weak, some middling. And today strong.

Is the market still moving upwards? No. Is the market collapsing? No. (I'm sorry to the guy who overpaid for 2 pages in his heat and then lost a ton on the flip one year later. But that does not a market make.)

I'm optimistic!

Lost out on a couple of lots today - including the Power Pack page with Spidey and the Spidey Super Stories page, which went for way more than I expected.

did land that Paul Neary Spidey/Goblin Marvel UK cover, so happy about that.

didn't see many bargains to be had today - at least not in the areas that interest me.

Still kicking myself for not bidding stronger on the Jon B Power Pack cover from Day 1. An 80s-era Marvel cover with black costume Spidey and Hobgoblin for less than $10k is a damn good deal.