• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to add pictures to the set description???
1 1

32 posts in this topic

On 4/6/2023 at 12:37 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I tried to pick generic things like movie posters and titles, most of the time, it didn't always work out that way, but idk, rather than search upload what I'd use that is already there? idk, I hope I did ok

I’d probably snag the pic then and then save it to your own account. That way you know no one can mess with it.

On 4/6/2023 at 12:41 PM, Iconic1s said:

I’d probably snag the pic then and then save it to your own account. That way you know no one can mess with it.

If they can only delete it, that's ok as I can eventually chose another picture, but

If your saying, I upload it? and then they can't change the picture after I upload? Like if they uploaded a different pic under the same file, it could change the file in my registry? lol if that makes sense ??? if it only deletes it I'm ok, as I'm not sure I'll leave them up but

After they're uploaded, I might take screenshots and then upload that screenshot to imgur to use my own screenshot as the pic, that will take time.

On 4/6/2023 at 1:03 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

You mentioned if they edited it 😂 that scares me, don't want someone editing then my registry has something else in it eek!

Yes, early on I had used a pic in my set desc and then saw a problem. I went to resize it in imgur and then it jacked it up in my set.  I then started sizing and checking the aspect ratio in imgur first and then saving it as close as possible in imgur to what I needed in CGC. Anyways, I’m not 100% but I think the owner could make adjustments to their pic that could throw off how it displays in your set.

I meant to save the pic however you wanted to (download, screenshot, etc) and then put in in your imgur acct so it’s a safe version that no one else could modify on you.

Got it all squared away now.  I figured out the issue; apparently if I don’t have my VPN on the photo will not appear.  Sounds weird but I am currently broad for work so maybe imgur doesn’t like foreign IP addresses.  If you guys have a spare minute feel free to take a look, it’s pretty much complete.  Let me know what you think bad or good.  Thanks again for all the help.

On 4/7/2023 at 4:36 AM, Parabellum said:

Got it all squared away now.  I figured out the issue; apparently if I don’t have my VPN on the photo will not appear.  Sounds weird but I am currently broad for work so maybe imgur doesn’t like foreign IP addresses.  If you guys have a spare minute feel free to take a look, it’s pretty much complete.  Let me know what you think bad or good.  Thanks again for all the help.

Haven’t been on here much lately…

Getting caught up and just looked at your updated set, I think it looks pretty awesome!  Great set description and book descriptions. Only thing I would recommend is using those second picture slots for something.  Great work and good luck!  

On 5/27/2023 at 11:13 AM, Iconic1s said:

Haven’t been on here much lately…

Getting caught up and just looked at your updated set, I think it looks pretty awesome!  Great set description and book descriptions. Only thing I would recommend is using those second picture slots for something.  Great work and good luck!  

Thank you Sir!  I went hard at it for a month and it kind of burned me out, hahahaha.  I still have a lot of work to do.  In regards to the image 2 slots I am working on other pics.  I really hate when it’s just the back of a book.  Kind of boring.  That’s why I’m the Punisher pre 1987 set I added interior pictures.  I need to find other pics to make it more interesting in the other sets.

On 5/27/2023 at 12:43 AM, Parabellum said:

Thank you Sir!  I went hard at it for a month and it kind of burned me out, hahahaha.  I still have a lot of work to do.  In regards to the image 2 slots I am working on other pics.  I really hate when it’s just the back of a book.  Kind of boring.  That’s why I’m the Punisher pre 1987 set I added interior pictures.  I need to find other pics to make it more interesting in the other sets.

You are welcome Sir!  You could go crazy with that second slot and put historical stuff in there too… things like actual newspaper headlines from the events taking place in that book like Hue City, or the Tet Offensive. If something wild happens in the story with, lets say a .50 Cal, you could put the nomenclature, max effective range, cyclic rate of fire (all kinds of cool military info in there that would enhance that book and blow everyone’s minds!).  Just trying to help brainstorm 😁

Take care!

On 5/28/2023 at 12:17 AM, Iconic1s said:

You are welcome Sir!  You could go crazy with that second slot and put historical stuff in there too… things like actual newspaper headlines from the events taking place in that book like Hue City, or the Tet Offensive. If something wild happens in the story with, lets say a .50 Cal, you could put the nomenclature, max effective range, cyclic rate of fire (all kinds of cool military info in there that would enhance that book and blow everyone’s minds!).  Just trying to help brainstorm 😁

Take care!

That is a great idea!  I like it, thank you. 

I already thanked Adamantium in another thread, but everyone on this one (especially Iconic1s) pointed me in the directions I needed to finally tackle this!

I jumped on working to edit one of my custom sets that I'd love to have them recognize.  SUPER addictive, and I had to dust off some VERY old coding knowledge to put together what I have so far.  I'm sure I'll tweak it a million times, and that my code is over complicated, but it isn't bad for a first attempt at "making them look pretty!"

Only going to have time to work on the one Custom Set heading into the final week... I'll need to tackle the MCU one for next year (while adding to this one still)!

Please humor me and take a look at My Custom Set that I hope they also notice, and truly... thanks again!

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/ComicCustomSetView.aspx?s=32040

On 6/17/2023 at 4:54 PM, Daffaholic said:

I already thanked Adamantium in another thread, but everyone on this one (especially Iconic1s) pointed me in the directions I needed to finally tackle this!

I jumped on working to edit one of my custom sets that I'd love to have them recognize.  SUPER addictive, and I had to dust off some VERY old coding knowledge to put together what I have so far.  I'm sure I'll tweak it a million times, and that my code is over complicated, but it isn't bad for a first attempt at "making them look pretty!"

Only going to have time to work on the one Custom Set heading into the final week... I'll need to tackle the MCU one for next year (while adding to this one still)!

Please humor me and take a look at My Custom Set that I hope they also notice, and truly... thanks again!

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/ComicCustomSetView.aspx?s=32040

Other than Superman: The Animated Series actually being the greatest cartoon ever, your set looks amazing! 😁

All kidding aside, it really is wonderful.  The stories are a lot of fun.  Brought back some great memories… never worked at WBSS but my Wife and I were regulars at the store in the Mission Valley Mall store in San Diego.  After awhile, the Gallery Manager would call me whenever a new Superman piece was coming out and I’d often agree to purchase it just based on the artist.  Got to meet Mark Hamill at the Horton Plaza store… he was supposed to sign the Joker maquette but ended up signing a metal plate to attach to it (which I can’t find now).  I remember him coming in all dressed in black and doing the Joker laugh, it was amazing!  I was heart broken when they shut the stores down, never made sense.

Anyways, I really enjoyed your set!  Thanks for taking me back to some really fun times!

Good luck with the awards!