• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Foil cover and pressing?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I have a foil cover death of superman anniversary comic. In the bottom front cover it has a bend type thing in the corner. Looks like something in the manufacturing or boxing pressed down on the corner. Didn’t break ink or anything like that.  Its not a fold but like as if an edge of something heavy pressed down on it. Should I have it pressed? Or would it be better not to? 

Edited by JRTownsend

On 4/5/2023 at 10:26 PM, JRTownsend said:

I have a foil cover death of superman anniversary comic. In the bottom front cover it has a bend type thing in the corner. Looks like something in the manufacturing or boxing pressed down on the corner. Didn’t break ink or anything like that.  Its not a fold but like as if an edge of something heavy pressed down on it. Should I have it pressed? Or would it be better not to? 

As long as its not embossed and do not use high heat on it. I would try around 135 degrees for 3-4 minutes and then let it sit in the cold press for 24 hours. I did one, a Nightwing #100 1:100 recently and it came out pretty nice as there was a slight bend on a corner but it didn't break color.

Others with longer experience may have even better suggestions.