• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flatbed Scanner Recommendations for new CGC Magazine Slabs
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Hello.  Currently, I use an HP Scanjet 8390 Flatbed Scanner with Vuescan scanning software for my comic slabs.  I received back some new CGC Magazine Slabs and unfortunately, the width of my HP Scanjet scanner is not wide enough.  The scanning surface is 14 x 8 1/2 inches.  About an inch short width wise.  The CGC Magazine slabs are 14 x 9 1/2 inches.  I'm looking for flatbed scanner recommendations that would fit the new CGC Magazine Slab dimensions for scanning.  Thanks!

On 4/6/2023 at 7:45 PM, inception_comix said:

Hello.  Currently, I use an HP Scanjet 8390 Flatbed Scanner with Vuescan scanning software for my comic slabs.  I received back some new CGC Magazine Slabs and unfortunately, the width of my HP Scanjet scanner is not wide enough.  The scanning surface is 14 x 8 1/2 inches.  About an inch short width wise.  The CGC Magazine slabs are 14 x 9 1/2 inches.  I'm looking for flatbed scanner recommendations that would fit the new CGC Magazine Slab dimensions for scanning.  Thanks!

I purchased the Plustek OpticPro A320E and love it.  Its scan bed size is 11 x 17. It’s not cheap, but it has been working great for me.  Here’s an example scan.  I haven’t messed around with the settings at all, all stock.  

481EE668-253E-4F3E-830A-AA4EC201C1FB.jpeg