• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Comics #1, October or November 1939. How rare are the OCT dated copies?
3 3

213 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2024 at 5:53 PM, zen514 said:

With the same logic that means with a November 2023 in bad comic market a CBCS 2.5 sold in Auction For 144k

On 8/21/2024 at 2:36 AM, zen514 said:

I just looked into it and CGC  2.0  restored C3  restored  sold for 156k in 2021   November Copy

So a restored 2.5 October sold for roughly what a restored 2.0 November sold for 3 years prior, and you're trying to make the case that the market is on fire?

Your math is off. 

Marvel Comics 1  October  blue label goodness 1.0 set to make a huge record☄️🥇☄️

Yeah, maybe it'll go for....

image.jpeg.596ea9b33ab31e3d074b7bd71911cc6e.jpeg

This OCT 7.0  Moderate A3 that sold in bad  Auction Summer 2024  228k..

I was the underbidder on this book. I bid WAY more than I should have and pushed up the price because I really wanted it. I had no idea someone was as crazy as I was. Will never happen again. 

On 8/23/2024 at 10:26 PM, Silver Surfer said:

Roy this book is calling your name. 

What if I already have one? :devil:

2024 onwards is for Golden age  Comics🔥

If a perp doesn't know what they're doing, they can take quite a bath in GA. No guarantees anymore. Disposable income is in a death spiral, among other things. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 8/23/2024 at 6:38 PM, VintageComics said:

So a restored 2.5 October sold for roughly what a restored 2.0 November sold for 3 years prior, and you're trying to make the case that the market is on fire?

Your math is off. 

Yeah, maybe it'll go for....

image.jpeg.596ea9b33ab31e3d074b7bd71911cc6e.jpeg

I was the underbidder on this book. I bid WAY more than I should have and pushed up the price because I really wanted it. I had no idea someone was as crazy as I was. Will never happen again. 

Share your screen shot Roy

I really enjoy your downplaying this book. Evidence is presented then  you say… Oh i was the underbidder on a 7.0 moderate/ext october.  I forgetful of you bidding 226k 🤣🤣🤣  2 months ago

That trampoline fall  a few years ago must have really hurt your memory!

Roy stop jumping on trampolines

You said 2021 was a unique year. meaning those prices would jkt be attained anymore

3 years later a badly  extensive restored 2.0 sells for the same a 2.5 moderate extensive. So the book performed higher than 2021

Roy. I wanted to bid 305k on that 7.0 october copy. I was not able to bid in time.

On 8/30/2024 at 2:58 PM, VintageComics said:

Let's examine this:

You're implying that it's all a rising market. I'm saying that 2021 was a unique market and should be viewed that way. 

The Extensive 2.0 November copy sold for the same as the Moderate 2.5 October copy.

If the October copy is the more desirable of the two, and it was higher grade, and it had less resto it actually should have sold for significantly more than the inferior November copy, but it didn't.

2021 was one of the largest, if not THE largest asset bubbles any of us have seen in our lifetimes and almost all assets have corrected since then. It was unique and you can't correlate what happened in 2021 to anything today. That's all I'm saying. 

Marvel #1 is my favorite book of all time and has been for 40 years. Why would I talk it down?

I just don't like it when people pump markets. If a market only goes up and never corrects, that's not a good thing. It's really bad because it means the correction will be much worse when it happens. 

It's a big book, but no market is impervious to corrections and EVERY book corrected including the largest keys like Tec #27, and Marvel #1 is no different. 

(me and Primetime last year)

Primetime.png

I think I took that picture lol

On 8/30/2024 at 2:58 PM, VintageComics said:

Let's examine this:

You're implying that it's all a rising market. I'm saying that 2021 was a unique market and should be viewed that way. 

The Extensive 2.0 November copy sold for the same as the Moderate 2.5 October copy.

If the October copy is the more desirable of the two, and it was higher grade, and it had less resto it actually should have sold for significantly more than the inferior November copy, but it didn't.

2021 was one of the largest, if not THE largest asset bubbles any of us have seen in our lifetimes and almost all assets have corrected since then. It was unique and you can't correlate what happened in 2021 to anything today. That's all I'm saying. 

Marvel #1 is my favorite book of all time and has been for 40 years. Why would I talk it down?

I just don't like it when people pump markets. If a market only goes up and never corrects, that's not a good thing. It's really bad because it means the correction will be much worse when it happens. 

It's a big book, but no market is impervious to corrections and EVERY book corrected including the largest keys like Tec #27, and Marvel #1 is no different. 

Primetime.png

Always love seeing your jacket 🧥 Roy! 

The Greatest Comic Book Ever Published 🔥🪽💧🤠🌳🏁🦁

On 8/30/2024 at 5:58 PM, VintageComics said:

Let's examine this:

Primetime.png

Easy answer. Talk it down to buy on or hoard more. 

The 2.0  extensive october copy that sold for 158k  was a cbcs! We all know that they do not fetch as much. Stil a restored  this in 2024! So even if these 2 books were the same. Stable price from a 2021 All time high says alot about this book.  All this before multiple rate cuts as in 2021.

Now getting to the real point.. There might be only 5 UNRESTORED October copies out there.  Unrestored October copy  will be interesting to  in auction setting. 

Nice jacket Roy!

Hope its an OCT copy😜

On 8/31/2024 at 9:40 PM, zen514 said:

Easy answer. Talk it down to buy on or hoard more.

You're ridiculous. I'm against anything to do with pumping and dumping and have always been so, and have been vocal about it on here for 2 decades.

On 8/31/2024 at 9:40 PM, zen514 said:

The 2.0  extensive october copy that sold for 158k  was a cbcs! We all know that they do not fetch as much. Stil a restored  this in 2024! So even if these 2 books were the same. Stable price from a 2021 All time high says alot about this book.  All this before multiple rate cuts as in 2021.

You initially made the case that the price was rising because the October copy sold for $158K, implying it was a strong number.

Now you're saying the October copy sold cheap at $158K because it was a CBCS copy. 

Which is it? ???

But wait, there's more! 

I'm making the case that 2021 was an anomaly and prices have been generally correcting since then and we've seen that across several keys. But let's compare apples to apples! 

In 2022 a Marvel Comics #1 CGC 4.5 Universal copy sold for $360,000 and in 2024 a CGC 4.5 Universal copy sold for $288,000 - $72,000 less!

Stop trying to publicly shame me because your math is off. 

It's not talking the book down. I'm simply stating the reality that 2021 was an inflated market for almost all assets, including comics. 

And if you're trying to refute that point, you're going to find it near impossible to do because all the evidence is weighing against you. 

On 9/1/2024 at 1:58 PM, VintageComics said:

You're ridiculous. I'm against anything to do with pumping and dumping and have always been so, and have been vocal about it on here for 2 decades.

You initially made the case that the price was rising because the October copy sold for $158K, implying it was a strong number.

Now you're saying the October copy sold cheap at $158K because it was a CBCS copy. 

Which is it? ???

But wait, there's more! 

I'm making the case that 2021 was an anomaly and prices have been generally correcting since then and we've seen that across several keys. But let's compare apples to apples! 

In 2022 a Marvel Comics #1 CGC 4.5 Universal copy sold for $360,000 and in 2024 a CGC 4.5 Universal copy sold for $288,000 - $72,000 less!

Stop trying to publicly shame me because your math is off. 

It's not talking the book down. I'm simply stating the reality that 2021 was an inflated market for almost all assets, including comics. 

And if you're trying to refute that point, you're going to find it near impossible to do because all the evidence is weighing against you. 

@VintageComics Roy, I do have a coverless Marvel1 missing last page and it's an October copy please don't argue with me. I also have a Dec copy of 2 just wanted to say Hi.

On 8/31/2024 at 6:40 PM, zen514 said:

The 2.0  extensive october copy that sold for 158k  was a cbcs! We all know that they do not fetch as much. Stil a restored  this in 2024! . There might be only 5 UNRESTORED October copies out there.  Unrestored October copy  will be interesting to  in auction setting. 

Hope its an OCT copy😜

Comic Connect auctioning off 1,200 GA from Ruben Blades's collection including Timely's, Marvel Comics 1 October:

On 8/24/2024 at 3:34 PM, VintageComics said:

What if I already have one? :devil:

Perhaps it's lonely. 

GOD BLESS ...

jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Anyone know any specifics about the nicest known October, raw or slabbed?