• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wrasslin' - Ay Yo - It's Time to Get a Thread. "Thank You, <Spoon> You, Bye"
2 2

71 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2024 at 9:18 PM, media_junkie said:

I'm sure Buzz would handle it.....

that's-not-a-knife-that's-a-knife.gif

I would make an exit.  In the case of the incident on the subway, I am not taking any chances for any reason as to why a guy is smiling at us and would not let us leave.  He literally had us penned in by having his bike between the pole and the door.  I don't know what he has planned and I don't want to find out.  So, yeah.  He is getting moved.  I want to go home and we are at my stop to take the LIRR.

The summer months and heat bring out the nut jobs.  This happened the other day.  This guy is walking up and down the subway car screaming in people's faces.  I took two photos AFTER he had screamed at me and moved to the next person.  I ignored him.  Then he moved down the and either shoved / slapped / pie faced this other guy.  That guy whipped his shirt off and went after him.  I did not stick around as we hit 34th Street Penn Station and I could take the LIRR back to Long Island. 

It's not about trying to be a tough guy or looking for things but this is what it is.   The way I feel is that I would rather need a lawyer than an undertaker. (See what I did there?  "undertaker.")

IMG_4975.thumb.jpeg.747cfb1483431fffe7f09a0fba253c3c.jpeg.  IMG_4976.thumb.jpeg.934e78117316af457a955b2a90084b94.jpeg

Really hoping that AEW can keep the momentum going this week - I thought Forbidden Door was a lot of fun and the main event was quite good, and last week's Dynamite was a big step up from the so-so shows we've had from them recently. A stronger focus on week to week booking, big stars and especially in separating themselves from the sort of Sports Entertainment™ that WWE will always be better at would be welcome. 

On 7/10/2024 at 12:56 PM, rlextherobot said:

Really hoping that AEW can keep the momentum going this week - I thought Forbidden Door was a lot of fun and the main event was quite good, and last week's Dynamite was a big step up from the so-so shows we've had from them recently. A stronger focus on week to week booking, big stars and especially in separating themselves from the sort of Sports Entertainment™ that WWE will always be better at would be welcome. 

Will Osprey definitely has some real talent.  I saw clips and was impressed.

I agree with you though.  Tony definitely needs to have a stronger focus on week to week booking. As often the criticism is with Tony, he is a matchmaker not a booker.  The roster definitely has genuine talent.   However, they would benefit from a more clear direction and booking angle.  There are people that show up out of nowhere and then they disappear.  I have a hard time investing in it. 

AEW could be a powerhouse if Tony would just let someone else do the booking and he cannot just hand it off to Danielson or talent.  You can have talent book the talent with rare exception like Dusty. 

Danielson is supposedly retiring in the next year.  Make him the booker or better yet, Jarrett and keep him off TV. 

On 7/10/2024 at 10:29 AM, Buzzetta said:

Danielson is supposedly retiring in the next year.  Make him the booker or better yet, Jarrett and keep him off TV. 

The moment you hand Double J the book, you're getting World Champion J E DOUBLE F :D

Edited by rlextherobot

On 7/10/2024 at 12:46 PM, Buzzetta said:

I would make an exit.  In the case of the incident on the subway, I am not taking any chances for any reason as to why a guy is smiling at us and would not let us leave.  He literally had us penned in by having his bike between the pole and the door.  I don't know what he has planned and I don't want to find out.  So, yeah.  He is getting moved.  I want to go home and we are at my stop to take the LIRR.

The summer months and heat bring out the nut jobs.  This happened the other day.  This guy is walking up and down the subway car screaming in people's faces.  I took two photos AFTER he had screamed at me and moved to the next person.  I ignored him.  Then he moved down the and either shoved / slapped / pie faced this other guy.  That guy whipped his shirt off and went after him.  I did not stick around as we hit 34th Street Penn Station and I could take the LIRR back to Long Island. 

It's not about trying to be a tough guy or looking for things but this is what it is.   The way I feel is that I would rather need a lawyer than an undertaker. (See what I did there?  "undertaker.")

IMG_4975.thumb.jpeg.747cfb1483431fffe7f09a0fba253c3c.jpeg.  IMG_4976.thumb.jpeg.934e78117316af457a955b2a90084b94.jpeg

This was a fight I broke up two years ago outside my work. Two locals. One young. One older. I didn't want to get involved but once the kid knocked down the older guy, I knew he wouldn't stop. He was about to kick him in the head. One of the ladies from work was filming and sent me the clip. I'm just off camera but you see him get "yoinked" out the picture. Then after I calmed him down with a bear hug, you see us walk off. LOL. I really just didn't want the dry cleaner next door (the Asian guy with the mask) getting hurt either. Guesss you need to be 18 to watch on YouTube.:691460725_armsraised:

:bump:as it was on page 2 now...

Making adjustments to my registry I got winded for back cover pictures, and the "wrassling" came out lol some prescreen passes are official but only come by email confirmation rather than a printed ticket, which you instead just show the email upon attending and I've got to dress them up a "little" lol 

GetImage.aspx?c=3794806&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=Screenshot_20240722_114238_SamsungIntern

On 7/22/2024 at 11:45 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

:bump:as it was on page 2 now...

Making adjustments to my registry I got winded for back cover pictures, and the "wrassling" came out lol some prescreen passes are official but only come by email confirmation rather than a printed ticket, which you instead just show the email upon attending and I've got to dress them up a "little" lol 

GetImage.aspx?c=3794806&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=Screenshot_20240722_114238_SamsungIntern

It's worth noting that I had a prescreen pass to see despicable me 4 same night that I gave to my brother to see. So minions and B*A*N*A*N*N*A* was on the brain 🧠 :banana: