• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #569 - Will pressing remove this defect?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I'm not expert and would wait til some more experienced member chime in, but I would say a press could smooth it out but probably not completely remove the crease. The part that is visible on the inside of the FC is likely there to stay. Rest of the book looks pretty good from what I can tell (hard to see the spine well in the pictures). Could still come back 9.2/9.4 if all else is clean. Definitely press though to improve the appearance of the crease.

Also not an expert, I think more of those read Grading and Restoration issues. My semi-educated guess is a standard quick & dirty press won't take it out (the spot to the right looks like more than an indention), but the more talented c&pers have a bag of tricks beyond sticking things straight into a hot press. It is possible to make defects worse if pressing is done improperly. I can't be 100% sure, but you might have what's called a "vein" in the CGC guide, although it looks like a vein plus something else. It's described as a squiggly line cause by a pinching. The guide says 9.2-9.8 depending on severity. Expertly press, I'd guess 9.2/9.4 is possible.