• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happens now?!?!
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Hey folks!

I am so excited! According to FedEx, today is the day a pack of my childhood (80's) comic collection will arrive at CGC to get graded! This is my first time ever doing this, and I have some questions:

1. how long between the package arrival at CGC and the status update shows up in the system? We talking days, weeks?

2. Let's assume my copy of Devil Dinosaur #1 gets a perfect 10.0 rating - at what point will CGC reach out to me to tell me they're bumping the cost up above the Modern grading tier I assumed when I submitted it?

3. I forget if CGC charged me when I originally send in the paperwork (before I had them cleaned and pressed a year ago) or they're gonna be charging me now.

Thanks!

Stephen

I would temper your expectations.... but to answer your questions:

1. If you selected Modern then the current TAT is 20 business days (half that for fast track).

• Once your books are checked in/scheduled for grading the average TAT begins.
  • Total time is closer to 60 actual days; including shipping, weekends, holidays, etc

2. I have never experienced CGC doing this unlike (unlike PSA). From my understanding this only occurs when you submit under an incorrect category.

3. They will charge you when the books are checked into their system and you will receive an email.

I wish you best of luck in your submission.

On 4/17/2023 at 1:06 PM, DougC said:

I haven't submitted for regular grading in some time but I believe it is usually around a week from when the books are delivered to when you see them show up on your account.

Thanks. So suspenseful!!!

My last few submissions took about 4 or 5 business days from package delivery to get into the system, Then about 20 days total from received to shipped. They have always charged my cc when the status went to scheduled for grading. I've had a few that I submitted under modern that graded high enough to put the value in the standard tier but they have never changed the tier.

On 4/18/2023 at 8:26 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Do you have familiarity with grading, or any expectations? Just asking because of the 10 (Gem Mint) comment, hoping you'll be happy regardless of the numbers that CGC assigns to your comics.

This is my first time sending anything in but honestly I’m prepared for disappointment - I’ve put a few issues up on the Spare a Grade forum so I get that my comics aren’t as pristine as I’d hoped. I opened up my childhood collection and probably got a bit over eager and probably sent too many in. On the other hand, I don’t own any comics I didn’t pay cover price or less for. We shall see!

On 4/17/2023 at 4:13 PM, seanlinc said:

My last few submissions took about 4 or 5 business days from package delivery to get into the system, Then about 20 days total from received to shipped. They have always charged my cc when the status went to scheduled for grading. I've had a few that I submitted under modern that graded high enough to put the value in the standard tier but they have never changed the tier.

My comics were received over a week ago - still not in the system...

It may take weeks for them to log it in when they get busy. A couple of months or so ago, it took about a full week. It really varies depending on how busy they are. During con season, it can take longer. And now with the upcoming price changes, folks are anticipating a backlog of submissions before the price increase…hang in there. You can try to contact them if anything…

Edited by 850chris

On 4/25/2023 at 10:32 AM, 850chris said:

It may take weeks for them to log it in when they get busy. A couple of months or so ago, it took about a full week. It really varies depending on how busy they are. During con season, it can take longer. And now with the upcoming price changes, folks are anticipating a backlog of submissions before the price increase…hang in there. You can try to contact them if anything…

Thanks - just checked again and they were entered in the system. Very suspenseful! 

back in february my submission under economy was entered into the system 2 days after it arrived.

my latest submission arrived 7 business days ago and has not been entered in yet, but as other posters have said, they may just be busier right now so it will take a bit longer.

i only check once a day otherwise i would go mental lol

cheers :)