• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mechanical Errors
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Why are Mechanical Errors SUPPOSED to HAVE priority WHEN Obviously, they are pushed off & Held HOSTAGE meanwhile, New Books arriving at CGC have been giving absolute Priority over RETURNED ME BOOKS..... I have over 100 Books sent back to CGC with about 95% having the same CGC manufacturing PROBLEM. I have a total of 8 returned ME BOXES containing over 100 Books....... I shouldn't be QA for CGC and these should have never graduated from quality control...... 

How about a 2nd shift? Possibly a 3rd shift? Pre shift? Post Shift? Wknd shift? 

I have a quality background in your in need of QA!!!!!! 🤓

20230311_143312.jpg

I've been submitting books to CGC for many years and had never had an issue with damaged slabs when I got them back.  Not until recently, anyway.  I submitted my first pre-screen (36 books) in early March.  Of the 36, 28 got slabbed.  Of those 28, 7 had to be returned for damaged slabs.  Seven!  That's 25% of the slabs!  How is that possible?  4 of the 7 were small fractures in the cases that could have conceivably slipped past QC on a bad day, but 3 of the cases had such severe damage that there were loose pieces of slab jangling about in the bag.  I refuse to think that that damage happened during shipping, because the box in which it was delivered showed no signs of distress severe enough to cause that amount of damage (and CGC does a great job in packing the slabs for shipping).  There is 0 reason to allow a slab in that condition to leave the facility.

CGC, please do a cost/benefit analysis of the cost of adding competent QC folks versus the cost of paying for me to ship those books back to you and then you paying to ship those books back to me again, and don't forget to include in that analysis the benefit of satisfied/happy customers.

It's gotten significantly worse over the last year.
A couple years ago I started buffing/polishing out all cases mysefl that arrived with scuffs and light to moderate scratches which actually prevents me from sending back quite a few but is a lot of work that I can't say I enjoy doing.
But here's my sub list for close to the last year. The vast majority of the MEs are from cracks, chips and splintering down the sides of the case. 
If this is in any way indicative of what other customers are going through, I can only assume CGC is spending tens of thousands of dollars a month on ME submissions. I think taking their time while packing the cases into the box and limiting box size to 23 comics and placing a piece of cardboard between each book would probably solve a lot of these issues. They are also inconsistent with how they pack boxes. Some have the thick honeycomb cardboard piece at the top of the box while others just have a piece of their thick bubblewrap instead. The bubblewrap ones always arrive in worse conditions since this allows them to move inside the box a lot more while in transit.

ME.jpg

Also....
ME subs have obviously increased significantly which is probably why they switched from shipping them back overnight to ground shipping. The turnaround time for ME subs has also increased quite a bit which makes it even more frustrating.
The "fast track" economy sub I did of 25 in December was graded quickly but 11 had to go back due to case issues. Those then took over 2 months to ship back to me with 3 of those having cracks and needing to go back. So the "fast track" economy sub I did in December still isn't finished due to the amount of MEs and the longer turnarond for them. 

I just received my submission of 8 books that I have had to return four times since October for astoundingly bad ME problems. All but one are going back for their fifth ME submission. I have never received anything other than the occasional case crack or Newton Rings from CGC up until this year and now since October, I have received a mere 6 out of 50 submitted books that did not have significant enough issues to be returned. Six out of 50. Each of the six books of course still have Newton Rings, they are full of specks and dust or have some sort of scuffing or scratch on them - just not the extreme majority-of-the-case as the others do. Two of these I had to share as one was also returned with liquid residue inside the case. The other is the standard scuffing pattern present on almost all cases, and many times envelopes.

So that's it for me. I have not the time, money or desire to contribute anything more to a company that just provides false assurances and continues to lower their standards while advertising excellence. It is clear the extent of the new leadership's abilities over the past year was to implement a canned customer feedback system that I am sure is being inundated with so much anger that it nullifies any ability to take action on it's information. Overworked CS reps in a thankless job scrambling to compensate for other departments so all they can do is hold firm and offer token gestures of compensation that don't even materialize (still waiting on my $100 credit after charging my card twice). That would be plenty but receiving a book back with one of the most impactful environmental factors for a collectible's condition introduced to it from the team trying to fix their own problem for the fourth time? Name a business that operates with as much disregard for its customers, its product and the planet. My membership runs out next week and I happily turned off auto-renew. I'm planning on setting up a raw collecting life without CGC and am excited to not have to spend any more weekend mornings away from my family scrambling to make up for basic levels of business competency that this company is at best purposefully unaware of, or at worst legally negligent of, all while trying to somehow negate the horrific environmental impact this company is generating with said incompetence.

IMG_0153.jpeg

IMG_0150.jpeg