• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating BlackOut21
7 7

103 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2023 at 6:49 AM, Domo Arigato said:

I wasn't mad before....but now I'm really pi**ed off.

I spent 20 minutes typing a magnificent and razor sharp reply on my stupid tablet.....submitted it......saw that the matter had already been resolved....and then had to delete it.

So.....who's going to reimburse me for my time now?

And if anyone says.....sorry, no returns.......I will seriously lose my sh*t on the whole lot of you.

At least you didn’t use “identify”. :facepalm:

On 4/22/2023 at 8:49 AM, Domo Arigato said:

I spent 20 minutes typing a magnificent and razor sharp reply on my stupid tablet.....submitted it......saw that the matter had already been resolved....and then had to delete it.

And if anyone says.....sorry, no returns.......I will seriously lose my sh*t on the whole lot of you.

So we only got your short box reply and not the full long box worth?:baiting:

On 4/22/2023 at 6:21 AM, Domo Arigato said:

I disagree.

You're mentioning one rule (30 day waiting period)........but there are subsections to that rule.

Rule #1......Section C......states:  

"The 30-day rule is suspended if the accused refuses to complete the transaction or if the transaction cannot be completed due to, for example, the item being sold to someone else."

The transaction was not completed, as BlackOut21 did not deliver what was promised.......and his last statement in the conversation chain also indicates that he is refusing to do so no matter what is said about him.  He cancelled his offer of a $330 refund that he had previously agreed to.....and is only willing to offer a (partial) refund if SkOw eats the shipping costs both ways.....which will end up leaving SkOw short about $100 to $200 when he did absolutely nothing except pay the agreed upon price and get shafted for doing so.

----I am not as up on board rules as others...But what rules apply  when a seller has an un-allowed listing in the form of a mystery box, and a potential buyer knows such listing is not allowed but proceeds to privately negotiate and actually buys said un-allowed listing before said items can be publicly posted for all board watchers to pursue???...I know buyer says the seller edited her post after it was  brought up that mystery boxes aren't allowed, but I was following said thread from the start, and the initial post stated thread would consist of small lots (similar to her thread of a week or two prior), but it would be a few hours for a sports practice to end before proceeding...Seller then put a price on a picture of a box of comics with very few being seen in detail......I am not saying there wasn't a miss-understanding of some sort between buyer and seller--I just think it was way too soon to publicly trash a seller over said problem..This holds especially true when the buyer actually initiated said negotiation for such un-allowed transaction (note buyer absolves newer seller for not knowing rules on mystery box), but how do we absolve the buyer for participating in said un-allowed transaction??....I know most will as buyer seems to be well known and liked......I am glad the matter seems resolved, as I do not think the seller is dishonest based on my limited dealings with them...

On 4/22/2023 at 2:03 PM, rdp collectibles said:

----I am not as up on board rules as others...But what rules apply  when a seller has an un-allowed listing in the form of a mystery box, and a potential buyer knows such listing is not allowed but proceeds to privately negotiate and actually buys said un-allowed listing before said items can be publicly posted for all board watchers to pursue???...I know buyer says the seller edited her post after it was  brought up that mystery boxes aren't allowed, but I was following said thread from the start, and the initial post stated thread would consist of small lots (similar to her thread of a week or two prior), but it would be a few hours for a sports practice to end before proceeding...Seller then put a price on a picture of a box of comics with very few being seen in detail......I am not saying there wasn't a miss-understanding of some sort between buyer and seller--I just think it was way too soon to publicly trash a seller over said problem..This holds especially true when the buyer actually initiated said negotiation for such un-allowed transaction (note buyer absolves newer seller for not knowing rules on mystery box), but how do we absolve the buyer for participating in said un-allowed transaction??....I know most will as buyer seems to be well known and liked......I am glad the matter seems resolved, as I do not think the seller is dishonest based on my limited dealings with them...

The seller was wrong for the way the transaction was handled between him/her and the buyer...that does not necessarily make him/her dishonest
I can appreciate that your dealings with the seller went well and without incidence but that is irrelevant to this specific transaction. 

Edited by Funnybooks

On 4/22/2023 at 2:03 PM, rdp collectibles said:

, but I was following said thread from the start, and the initial post stated thread would consist of small lots (similar to her thread of a week or two prior), but it would be a few hours for a sports practice to end before proceeding...

It is irrelevant at this point but that is completely untrue. It was one lot, one price initially, and was edited very quickly after board members weighed in.  If you weren’t there in the first few minutes you might have missed it.  And again, the thread was pulled after my PM claim so we can’t check but I am 100% sure of what I saw before the change. 

On 4/22/2023 at 7:49 AM, Domo Arigato said:

Just paste that reply in every random thread you can for bonus points...

On 4/22/2023 at 2:27 PM, thehumantorch said:

Just paste that reply in every random thread you can for bonus points...

On 4/22/2023 at 2:36 PM, Buzzetta said:

It should be dropped in random water cooler threads just to watch minds explode. 

giphy(18).gif.1bc380d322c73b767e453eb7ce213358.gif

On 4/22/2023 at 3:54 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I was about to respond but glad to see everything was resolved

excellent job

@greggy suck it

I think you should write what you were going to... in a random thread if not here. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 4/22/2023 at 1:03 PM, rdp collectibles said:

You want to focus on the "mystery" aspect of it, and state that the buyer absolved the seller regarding this because he's new.....fine.....I would argue that the seller absolved the buyer of it by accepting his money.  Either that, or they were both wrong, and that aspect of it is a moot point.  Even new people are required to read and know the rules before attempting to sell here.....and they can't be "absolved" (other than on a personal level) from following the forum rules by an individual when they break them.   

But the fact is that there was no misunderstanding....the "mystery" aspect had nothing to do with it......and it wasn't too soon to bring this to the publics attention.  The buyer asked for and received several pictures of comics that were supposed to be included and were supposed to be in a full long box.  Some of the PICTURED comics were missing, and the quantity was not close to a full long box by every known measurement in the hobby.  This was not about a mystery.....it was not about a misunderstanding.......best case scenario, it was a mistake on the sellers part.  A mistake that should not cost the buyer any money, and one that he tried and failed to resolve with the seller (perhaps you need to go back and reread the conversation chain again).  When a good faith effort is attempted to resolve a disagreement, and a resolution appears to be out of the picture.....then it's time to bring it to the forum.

Edited by Domo Arigato

Just getting in and finally had some time to read all of these messages. I’ll address a couple items to help put things into perspective. 

First, Matt I apologize how this sale went and look forward to connecting in the future. 

Second I appreciate the fact the everyone cares so much about making what’s wrong right and that’s all that matters. I respect and appreciate everyone’s opinion and can accept the fact that I could have handled this better.

I’ll address the long box, the sale and the return in the next couple post as I believe there may be some confusion. 

This post is not intended to point fingers. As the seller it was my responsibility to deliver a product.

I take responsibility for the situation. 

The Long Box:

As a child I moved around a lot. Each time my comic boxes would get ruined or fall apart and at some point I realized it was easier to keep them in the hard plastic storage boxes as they  it was easier for me to move them and not have to worry about the boxes falling apart. The box I had these in I picked up a week ago and moved them here for this sale. I could not tell you how many books go in a traditional long box, I really thought this was considered a long box. 

The books that I was selling were books that I’ve had in my collection for years. I finally decided that I would let go of them, which can be very difficult to do. My sister passed away a couple months ago and I’ve naturally just been letting go of things lately. I’ve also been a bit short on patience lately and probably should be addressing some of these things elsewhere not really on this post.