• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much does a CGC grade comic weigh? (Comic & the case together)
2 2

16 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2023 at 7:56 AM, Comiclover3000 said:

I'm selling a CGC 9.6 comic on ebay and need to know how much the comic and the case weigh together.

Does anyone know?

You can safely package most single slabs in cardboard sandwich (and in most cases additional pieces of cardboard folded over each end) with bubble wrap/filler in a USPS 1095 box for 2lbs or under.

If you only want the weight of a single comic in a regular slab, I just put one on a scale and it said 1 lb. 4 oz.  

So, that's the answer depending on the accuracy of my scale.

(shrug)

Edit:  obviously some comics weigh more than others.  This was a regular 1985 comic book.  Not an oversized/extra pages one.

Edited by Axelrod

On 4/22/2023 at 8:45 AM, Axelrod said:

If you only want the weight of a single comic in a regular slab, I just put one on a scale and it said 1 lb. 4 oz.  

So, that's the answer depending on the accuracy of my scale.

(shrug)

Edit:  obviously some comics weigh more than others.  This was a regular 1985 comic book.  Not an oversized/extra pages one.

Px-600 GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY #600!!! The infamous weight of a slab! :banana: 

image.png

Don't forget all books have different formats - GA books usually are larger and heavy (some books have 52 pages - few books have 100 pages), SA books are slightly smaller than GA books but some books have 80 pages) and BA books have 100 pages too.

Modern books are slightly smaller than both SA and BA books - some books are thicker papers.  Those books are varied in size, thickness and weight. 

Magazines are larger than any comic books and have more weight.  The case may have at least three different sizes and thickness.

Some TPB books are encapsulated too.

I think OP's question is too generalized.  You need to go to UPS, FedEx or USPS to ask for the weight.  

Edited by JollyComics

On 4/22/2023 at 12:48 PM, Axelrod said:

:acclaim::yeehaw::manhero:

Wait, is 600 a big deal?

not really, but I passed 30,000 :sorry: and noticed that numbers over 1k aren't presented as plain as day to do that kind of post.

Unfortunately it is just as silly as advertised.... I should probably stop doing it, but every time I'm like this is silly but fun. 

Just a round number! :cheers: being #600 now 601 

Standard modern in bubble wrap encased in two 11x14 pieces of corrugated cardboard is about 1lb 14oz. Box filler adds another 1-3oz depending on what it is. You'll lose up to $5 if you break the 2lb barrier, so keep it under if you can.