• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can non artists sign a book as long as they're witnessed?
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Probably been asked before but, yeah, can a non artist sign a book and have it eligible for yellow label grading as long as it's witnessed by a CGC rep? 

Suppose someone is good friends with a comic store owner or staff and wants his book signed by them for remembrance purposes, things like that... 

On 4/22/2023 at 9:00 AM, Sword Master said:

Probably been asked before but, yeah, can a non artist sign a book and have it eligible for yellow label grading as long as it's witnessed by a CGC rep? 

Suppose someone is good friends with a comic store owner or staff and wants his book signed by them for remembrance purposes, things like that... 

People have gotten actors to sign their books and gotten yellow labels.  CGC holds signing events for actors.  So I'd imagine you could.   Wouldn't hurt to post this under 'Ask CGC'

Stan Lee signed about 22 Billion books that he never worked on. 

That said, actors and Stan The Man are probably in a different category than a Comic Shop owner. I don't know if CGC would witness just anyone signing a book.  You might have to call and ask. 

It would be pretty funny if I signed a book and got a yellow label. 

On 4/22/2023 at 8:26 AM, csaag said:

People have gotten actors to sign their books and gotten yellow labels.  CGC holds signing events for actors.  So I'd imagine you could.   Wouldn't hurt to post this under 'Ask CGC'

On 4/22/2023 at 11:42 AM, KCOComics said:

Stan Lee signed about 22 Billion books that he never worked on. 

That said, actors and Stan The Man are probably in a different category than a Comic Shop owner. I don't know if CGC would witness just anyone signing a book.  You might have to call and ask. 

It would be pretty funny if I signed a book and got a yellow label. 

Seems more like he is asking if someone who is not affiliated with the book / not someone "of note" is signing. 

Example.  

I have my daughter (not affiliated with any comics) sign a book in front of a CGC witness can I get a Yellow Label with her name on it. 

I would try Ask CGC or maybe 

@CGC Mike might be able to clarify this?

Yes this can be done, but you need to do some leg work.

If the person you want this signed by is not affiliated with CGC as a creator you will need to email customer service for the paperwork (it is pretty simple). All signed books can be submitted with that paperwork (if shipped directly from said creator), alternatively you can drag them to the CGC booth at the next convention and do the same.

One of my semi-local cons did this with a custom variant cover signed by the store owner. This was also done for the coloring book versions of DC books some years back which many of us on the forums took advantage of (wish CGC did more community things like this).