• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post for Bragging-What's the best deal you've ever gotten?

84 posts in this topic

Where is the #182?

Not bad buys for a quarter, eh? The 182 still needs to get the Sarasota Spa treatment, but I expect a 9.2 or, at worst, a 9.0 - wish the front cover was as nice as the back:

Hulk182.jpg

Hulk182back.jpg

Two books this year :

(1) Avengers #25 (Dr Doom) CGC 9.0 OW for $66 with a BIN...just 10 minutes after it showed one afternoon! yay.gif

I think it was an error of the seller since he had at the same time (and still has on eBay) a #24 in CGC 9.0 OW at a BIN price of $129.99...

(2) Strange Tales #107 CGC 7.0 OW for $62 which was the first book that I won on EBay !

I picked up two copies of ASM 33 back in '79 for three dollars CDN each.

Both were slabbed and came back as 9.4ow / 9.8 oww.

Its not worth bragging about because the dealer had six copies- I bought two copies, my friend also bought two copies and I left the other two copies at the dealer table.

best deals...hmmm...an x-men 26 in VF for around 14$.

an almost full run of amazing spidey 110-400 in around NM or better including the big tickets 121,122,129 (these in around VF+ to VF/NM) for around 500$ shipping included (this was like 6 years ago)!!!

6 or 7 years ago

an DD full miller run in very nice shape VF+ and better 158-250 for around 140$

an uncanny x-men in also great shape 110-300 for around 200$

ultimate spidey 1-40 all 1st prints for 120$

also i've done some deals/have been doing with a lot of members from the community, which even if they weren't a steal, were great deals since the comics were in the shape described or better and got always a nice discount (usually i buy some nice/long runs).

what do you think?! laugh.gif

regards

best deals...hmmm...an x-men 26 in VF for around 14$.

an almost full run of amazing spidey 110-400 in around NM or better including the big tickets 121,122,129 (these in around VF+ to VF/NM) for around 500$ shipping included (this was like 6 years ago)!!!

6 or 7 years ago

an DD full miller run in very nice shape VF+ and better 158-250 for around 140$

an uncanny x-men in also great shape 110-300 for around 200$

what do you think?! laugh.gif

That Spidey deal is pretty impressive. Even for 6 years ago...

I remember a show about 12 tears ago.I was at a dealers table in the mall and watched the dealer pick up a JIM 83,DD 1,& DD2 in about vg+ for $50 after convincing the fellow that they were only in good condition.The gentleman said he had more and went outside to get them.As he returned with a suitcase he overheard the dealer bragging loudly about how soundly he had fleeced "that guy".

The guy with the suitcase stormed off and I followed him to another dealers table.After THAT dealer declined(only dealt in modern stuff),I asked to see his list.He agreed to sell me EVERYTHING at 40% of GOOD guide.ON A TIME PAYMENT PLAN !!!!He had VF+ copies of JIM 109,112-116,ASM 37,38,FF 35,49, and MANY other VG-FN copies of most of the marvels from 1964-1966.I think the whole suitcase cost $500.He came by every Friday and I bought what I could afford until they were gone.He was a real nice fellow.I even traded him a hardback copy of "The Dark Knight Returns".He Liked Batman.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

How about this one that happened to me today: I dug out some books from the dollar bins at my LCS, 12 for $10.00.........got a VG- Adventures into the Unknown # 135 (Sept. 1962). No big deal,......but there's a certificate in the bag that it's from the IRS Collection, not bad for .83 cents. 893applaud-thumb.gif

How about this one that happened to me today: I dug out some books from the dollar bins at my LCS, 12 for $10.00.........got a VG- Adventures into the Unknown # 135 (Sept. 1962). No big deal,......but there's a certificate in the bag that it's from the IRS Collection, not bad for .83 cents. 893applaud-thumb.gif

If you throw the certificate out, it instantly gains value. gossip.gif

If you throw the certificate out, it instantly gains value. gossip.gif

sorry.gif

gossip.gif I also recently got a Rawhide Kid # 22 in VG+. devil.gif

Well, two deals come to mind:

In 1996 I answered an ad in CBG for some NM Sensation Comics. I bought them all, over 30 books. All Mile Highs. The seller didn't know. He just told me most had writing on the covers....I then bought more books from the same man, including the WW 2 Mile High. Sorry, sold or traded them all a long time ago.Before CGC. I bought them for NM guide.

A few years ago, on ebay, I saw some BIN Super Magicians. I bought 7 or 8 books, all in VF or so. All Mile Highs. I then struck a deal to buy over 30 more, all the Super Magicans the man had. It was over 40 Mile Highs when all was said and done. I still have more than 1/2 of them. Yes, I bought them for around guide also. I had them graded.

I have had some great books over the years. If I only could go back in time.......