• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con April 28, 29, 30 2023

7 posts in this topic

This weekend Amazing Las Vegas Comic Convention will be at the Las Vegas Convention Center, 3150 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas. The Convention will be in Hall North 1. Facilitator Agents of Slabs will be at the show at the Scotts Collectibles Tables/Artists. (stop by and say Hello! I'll be one of the witnesses)

Comic guests include:

James Tynion IV, Kevin Eastman, Larry Hama, Adam Kubert, Jim Starlin, InHyuk Lee, Mark Bagley, Mike Choi, Georges Jeanty, Tyler Kirkham, Norm Rapmund, Chad Hardin, Martin Simmonds, Brian Haberlin, Alvaro Bueno, Fernando Blanco, Tony Fleecs, Karl Altstaetter, JP McFly, Mog Park, Mike DeBalfo, Jamie Sullivan, Melinda Young, Jaime Jameson, John Giang, Steven Grant, Logan Lubera, Doug Brode, Jamie Tyndall ,Marat Mychaels, Ryan Kincaid, The Winner Twins, Ken F. Levin, Sozomaika, William Tolliver, Chinh Potter, The Yuan Twins, The Fillbach Bros.

Voice Actors:

Tara Strong, Greg Cipes, Veronica Taylor, Vincent Corazza, Katie Griffin, Linda Ballentyne, Lindsay Seidel, Austin Tindle, Charles Martinet, Griffin Burns, Bonnie Gordon, Mark Witten, Ian Sinclair, Jamie Marchi. 

Celebrities:

David Dastmalchian, Walter Jones, TaMara Carlson-Woodard, Carey Jones, Jason Faunt, Devin Roth, Curran Walters, George Burcea, Bonnie Gordon, Larissa Paige.

https://www.amazingcomiccon.com/

Edited by Monster's Lair Comics

This won't be much of a con report, mostly just some observations. There were a TON of great books in the room, a ton of good comic dealers as well.  Unfortunately pricing was still recovering from "Covid Pricing".  Most books were still priced at 2020-2021 prices, and many of the dealers I spoke to were not willing to budge.  There were many books I would've loved to buy but priced at $500 with a current GPAs around $110.  I checked on many books and found double and triple current GPA prices. (I know that GPA gives us a snapshot of the market, but geez...) From the conversations I had, or overheard, the comic dealers did not do well at the show. Hopefully some of the boardies that were there/selling had a good show. 

The guest list was a good mix of newer comic talent and older comic talent.  Comic artists had consistent lines and people were spending good money on sigs/CGC/exclusives.  I was working for Agents of Slabs/Scotts Collectibles tables as a witness for CGC and we were slammed Friday/Saturday and decently busy Sunday. The Exclusives at the Scotts tables never really slowed down and were selling all show long until print runs were done.  

My only pick up from the show was this beautiful Tetsuo piece from Fernando Blanco. Here's a panoramic pic from our table at the end of the Scotts row. This is a very fun and busy show and can't wait until next year!

pano.jpeg

akira.jpeg

Edited by Monster's Lair Comics