• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's wrong with these 3 pictures?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Can someone who works at CGC explain this. I just got these back today. So now I have to waste my time pack them back up send them all the way back to Florida from California. And since they will probably have to go under mechanical error. It will take 2 to 3 months till I get them back. Since someone at CGC can't read English my books will be tied up for 3 to 4 months. Because even know none of this is my fault these books will be put at the back of the line under low priority. So even know CGC SCREWED UP I the customer who paid in good faith will be punished. All I will get is a apology. No credit to my account no priority to go to the front of the line. Just a apology. And at the same time let's raise the prices because we are the best in the business and we pretty much have have the market in grading books and we know it. So stop your crying  give us more of your hard working dollars and deal with our mistakes because we know you will still send us your books. There is no excuse for what is in the pictures. And I know and others reading this know, suck it up stop crying and deal with it because the God of grading comics books (CGC) is the mightiest of them all and God does no wrong. See how long this post last before GOD yanks it off. 16825767185537655659656924505870.thumb.jpg.fc326a012c88a3ada42a54257a2b25c5.jpg16825767728741744536641511550727.thumb.jpg.7b2aa007c273a27ec6ff838c65edd1c9.jpg16825768173685110231700526621123.thumb.jpg.90f234126ff9a98f30bbf1b787593f39.jpg

On 4/27/2023 at 7:59 AM, marinecorp96 said:

Can someone who works at CGC explain this.

Oh dear, that submission hasn't worked out very well, has it!

@marinecorp96, CGC staff don't tend to read this section of the boards. If I were you, I would repost your complaint in the "Ask CGC" section of the forum which you will find here:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/23-ask-cgc/

That section of the forum is monitored by CGC customer representatives and you should get a response accordingly.

You could also post your examples in this long running thread here....

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/350613-where-in-the-world-was-the-quality-control-at-cgc/#comment-8132276

....where you will find a whole host of people posting the same kinds of issues.

And, of course, you can telephone or email CGC to complain:

https://www.cgccomics.com/contact/

For what it's worth, if I were you, I would stop submitting to CGC. We don't know how many submissions go wrong like this from the many thousands of books they process each week. When things go well, the product is great, and it may be the case that it goes well in the overwhelming majority of cases. But when it goes wrong, as it has for you, no amount of error percentage analysis eases the blow. A good company will have a decent procedure in place to satisfy customers when things go wrong. I don't think that CGC have that procedure in place, currently.

CGC advertise as follows:

Capture.thumb.PNG.f6865296e681c7b2ec6956119a733925.PNG

When you contact CGC, ask them to explain how your books have ended up in the wrong cases if the above practice is standard. Don't lose your temper - be calm, but firm, and insist on speaking to someone in authority - perhaps the Quality Assurance Manager, who CGC appointed a year or so ago but who I've yet to see say anything publicly:

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/10227/michael-saucerman/

Act as you would in any other walk of life, if you had paid for something and received a faulty service.

Your slabs also appear to have scratches and scuffs, although that may be a trick of the light:

Capture2.PNG.080ad3a0da34be4c70dab9225ed5b703.PNG Capture3.PNG.64339bff89764ac2ccce5dbd8193d833.PNG

Perhaps mention that too as you have paid for a 'crystal clear' slab, and that scratch is very visible against the black cover behind it.

Remember - you have paid for a service, and they have failed to deliver. Discuss compensation, and fast track remediation, and see how that goes. If you aren't satisfied, ask for a refund maybe? And then consider carefully whether to submit again.

Good luck.

Thank you for your comment Get Marwood & I. This is not the first time CGC has dropped the ball. This is the worst. I just dont get it. For a company who claims to be the best at what they do and is the golden standard with collectors lets something like this go out the door. 3 books not 2 not 1 but 3. I just dont get it. And when you call them out on their mistakes you get "yes we will correct it just mail it back to us" They dont tell you it will take 2 to 3 months before you get it back. I know there are going to be mistakes given how many books they grade, nobody or company is perfect. But come on 3 books in the same order with a total of 10 books. , I dont get how this was not caught or seen. 

On 4/27/2023 at 10:24 AM, marinecorp96 said:

Thank you for your comment Get Marwood & I. This is not the first time CGC has dropped the ball. This is the worst. I just dont get it. For a company who claims to be the best at what they do and is the golden standard with collectors lets something like this go out the door. 3 books not 2 not 1 but 3. I just dont get it. And when you call them out on their mistakes you get "yes we will correct it just mail it back to us" They dont tell you it will take 2 to 3 months before you get it back. I know there are going to be mistakes given how many books they grade, nobody or company is perfect. But come on 3 books in the same order with a total of 10 books. , I dont get how this was not caught or seen. 

I understand your frustration completely. Hopefully, CGC will too and will do a little more than just send you return labels. The books went out because they either weren't checked, or they were and the operative failed miserably. Let us know how you get on. 

On 4/27/2023 at 5:24 AM, marinecorp96 said:

This is not the first time CGC has dropped the ball. This is the worst. I just dont get it. For a company who claims to be the best at what they do and is the golden standard with collectors lets something like this go out the door.

Get in line. lol

I called CGC today and the "GOD" of grading comics has spoken. You shall receive free shipping and no charge for what was our mess up. I love this part it will only take 2-3 weeks to fix, BULLS#IT. Try 2-3 months I just got back some of their mess ups and it took 9 weeks. And after pressing the issue for a refund for the 3 books I got 30 bucks. GOD has spoken and now I will get my next shipment ready to send to CGC. But now you can see CGC does not care about its customers because they have the market cornered on grading. And its not totally their fault its mine,sellers,buyers,collectors because we have (IN PRICE) demanded that comics be graded by CGC. If you take a CBCS,PGX,CGC graded book the same grade,same book which one is going to sell first at a higher price? CGC. And we as collectors,buyers,sellers have done this not CGC. Without US there is no CGC. But CGC sees it in the reverse. Without CGC there would be no collecting. This is the MONSTER WE HAVE CREATED. 

On 4/27/2023 at 5:20 PM, marinecorp96 said:

I called CGC today and the "GOD" of grading comics has spoken. You shall receive free shipping

CGC - "I'm sorry this happened to you.  Here's a free shipping label.  Next!"

On 4/27/2023 at 5:24 AM, marinecorp96 said:

This is one of the most common errors at CGC, likely due to the books getting out of order during the grading or encapsulation process. Sorry this happened to you, but good luck with the reholdering process...  :foryou:

I do encourage people to get these issues corrected and do everything within reason to hold CGC accountable (while being polite and courteous to those on the phone) 

You paid for a service and CGC failed to deliver. So you deserve to have the issue corrected. 

And CGC should endure the operational cost of correcting their errors (though rather than fix the problems, they seem to pass the cost onto customers with continuous price increases).