• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Pro supplies?
3 3

52 posts in this topic

I grab these locally in the GTA as they are generally cheaper than paying shipping costs etc of e gerber… but I do  put my valuable books in the gerber boards and bags, but use these for my filler and cheap books.

On 5/7/2023 at 5:17 PM, web_spinner said:

Isn't putting the non-archival comic pro boards with full/half backs defeating the purpose of having an acid free/archival board?

Or does the archival gerber boards neutralize the acidity of the comic pro boards?

Your book will be in contact with the archival board, so no worries on that end.  

The other board, while maybe not archival, should be buffered enough so that any concerns about decay into volatile chemicals is negligible at most.  

For the life span of most paper materials, all of this is overkill.  But we're collectors and OCD by nature so we worry about it. 

On 5/8/2023 at 11:03 AM, buttock said:

For the life span of most paper materials, all of this is overkill.

Exactly. I use halfbacks these days, but not because "regular" boards will damage my comics, but because when bought in bulk direct from E. Gerber they are cheaper than almost anything (particularly when I am able to go pick them up and not pay shipping). These Comic Pro boards are looking pretty competitive price wise, so I'll keep them in mind when I run out of my halfbacks.

On 5/4/2023 at 2:55 PM, ramrodcar said:

I recently ordered and received a couple thousand silver bags and boards from these guys. It is very disingenuous that on their website and on the box they state that their bags are made in Canada, however the product within the box clearly states Made in China. I was hoping and happy to support some North American manufacturing but am disappointed that that wasn't the case. These guys are in Canada; aren't there some strict consumer laws about origin misrepresentation there?

IMG_20230504_134357(34).thumb.jpg.f3aab3b2f9618b7a711c0fbb3a5f4f4c.jpg

https://officialcomicproline.com/collections/comic-book-bags

comicpro.thumb.png.46c433677e6ee529154979873031aec8.png

Hello, my name is Chris and am an owner at ComicProLine. I am here to clear up any confusion about or bags not being made in Canada. There was one other gentlemen who emailed us with this regard and I hope this isn't you because we emailed you telling you that there was a mess up with the print of our labels at the time! The only things we get imported from China are our 60pt boards, plastic boxes and our toploaders. Everything else is made here directly in our warehouse in Canada. We had thought we caught all of the miss printed labels but I guess a few still got out. We have stopped working with the company who messed up our labels back then and the labels are displayed correctly now. To anyone else who was confused and wanted a direct source of information as to what the truth is, this is your direct explanation. Have a wonderful day everyone and Go PRO with ComicProLine!

On 7/3/2023 at 8:48 AM, ComicProLine said:

Hello, my name is Chris and am an owner at ComicProLine. I am here to clear up any confusion about or bags not being made in Canada. There was one other gentlemen who emailed us with this regard and I hope this isn't you because we emailed you telling you that there was a mess up with the print of our labels at the time! The only things we get imported from China are our 60pt boards, plastic boxes and our toploaders. Everything else is made here directly in our warehouse in Canada. We had thought we caught all of the miss printed labels but I guess a few still got out. We have stopped working with the company who messed up our labels back then and the labels are displayed correctly now. To anyone else who was confused and wanted a direct source of information as to what the truth is, this is your direct explanation. Have a wonderful day everyone and Go PRO with ComicProLine!

Please dont take just this from this thread.  The review of your product compared to Gerber should be what you are concentrating on.  The review is correct and this market is probably yours to win or at least put a big dent in if you you make some adjustments to your product.   

I love and have used your Current Size Resealable Acid Free bags, and was ready to pull the tigger on a 10 pack order, but the shipping charges to NY was just way too much. Then I got an email regarding a huge sale, but when I went to your website to check it out, they were the only bags that weren't on sale. :tonofbricks:

I'll note that for new comic books I use Hot Flips Backing Boards (Silver/Reg Age) with Silver Age Comic Book Bags and find them of excellent quality and perfect for my need.

On 7/4/2023 at 8:58 AM, Jaylam said:

I noticed they offer Silver Age bags in both 7 1/8" and 7 1/4" wide sizes. Why the difference? To accommodate the square bound giants better?

Yeah, a lot of places list the wider version as "Silver Age Thick" referring to the thicker books fitting better.

For those of you interested in their backing boards, I just got an email that they are having a sale on most of their boards.

Got the B&B's today and put one pack of each together.The bags seem thicker than the ones I was using.I can't see much difference in the 24 pt. boards. Also they don't seem to slide over each other as normal bags do.I got the 7 1/4 x 10 1/2 bags and the 7" boards.Tight fits & comics just don't go together.

Over all I'm well pleased in quality and price.I'm saving over $5 per 100 B&B.That means I can buy more comics from you guys :takeit:.