• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should i lock up this in a chest and wait the value up?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I am not familiar with new DC books but unless there are first appearances or major events these books outside of a 9.8 slab will be of minimal value. Even in a slab the value is likely cost + willing buyer - availability.

Let me try and explain using my registry set for the 1991 X-Men books which are entering the 30+ year old territory. The majority of the run is worthless and only holds general value in 9.8 slabs for dumb people (like me) who are completing a full registry run (and that is very minimal). Some of the books are worth quite a bit surprisingly but they are still very plentiful and easy to obtain in high grade raw copies so you are not hitting even the bronze age "key" value.

A good story is a great selling point for a trade paper back when it is collected and marketed but doesn't really factory into collectibility of single "modern" copies of books that are likely to be picked up in dollar bins specifically for that story.

I will keep the batman lot and speculate on them. In many years when Batman third movie will come out with Gotham on principal vilain role i will sell his frist appareance for 1000usd. Retain it.

Edited by BA773

:preach:

Just keep in mind, I originally started collecting as a kid in 65, stopped in 69, restarted again in 79, looking for the same Silver Age Marvel I grew up with.

It took almost 50 years for these books to increase in value to the point they are at now, the reason they are at their present value is, Yes, they are old, however, the major increase in value is largely in part to the MCU.

My definition of a collector is a person that obtains objects that they enjoy as a hobby, the objects are neat/organized/displayed/stored properly and other objects of the same genre are added to the other objects, making it a "collection". IMO, a collector "collects", they do not buy for the monetary value or to make a profit by hoarding and flipping.

If you enjoy those books, bag (Mylites) and board (Acid Free) them, store them in the appropriate comic box and forget about them unless you want to read them again, if they go up in value, Great, if not, they are books you enjoy, that is what comic books are all about.

:preach: Now, Get Off Of My Lawn...Punk. :bigsmile: