• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Passing of Thomas Alan Drew-DJPinkpanther67
11 11

152 posts in this topic

I just spoke to Thomas's wife Carmen. Appears Thomas had an asthma attack that caused him to pass out, and that led to cardiac arrest. He passed away almost immediately. The worst part was his little girl (5 years old) was the only one with him. 

Sharon (skypinkblu) will update us on a charity event to help alleviate any financial concerns with the funeral. 

More to come.

Edited by joeypost

If people are so inclined, maybe look at some of Thomas'  books on Comiclink and see if there is something that might interest you.

Here is the link to his original post.

Edited by toro

On 5/4/2023 at 5:14 PM, toro said:

If people are so inclined, maybe look at some of Thomas'  books on Comiclink and see if there is something that might interest you.

Here is the link to his original post.

Thanks so much, Ernie. I was talking to Joe this morning and I he mentioned the books, we were trying to figure out how to get a list. This is wonderful.

I'm still waiting for the gofundme page, but have not heard back yet. The funeral is tomorrow, so they are very busy. I left a message saying that I would start the thread tonight and we can add that link tomorrow night or Sat if need be, but if people want to donate items they can start.

On 5/4/2023 at 5:27 PM, skypinkblu said:

Thanks so much, Ernie. I was talking to Joe this morning and I he mentioned the books, we were trying to figure out how to get a list. This is wonderful.

I'm still waiting for the gofundme page, but have not heard back yet. The funeral is tomorrow, so they are very busy. I left a message saying that I would start the thread tonight and we can add that link tomorrow night or Sat if need be, but if people want to donate items they can start.

From his original post, Thomas made it sound like he had some big books coming up in the May Auction.  I will ask my rep if he might have a list of books there for him as he told me he would have the books graded and shipped directly to Comiclink.  I already have books in June and July, so he may have some in there too.

On 5/4/2023 at 8:01 PM, toro said:

From his original post, Thomas made it sound like he had some big books coming up in the May Auction.  I will ask my rep if he might have a list of books there for him as he told me he would have the books graded and shipped directly to Comiclink.  I already have books in June and July, so he may have some in there too.

If he will give you the list, that would be great. I just listed a thread in CG, I'll post a link... 

On 5/4/2023 at 10:05 PM, greggy said:

He was planning on auctioning off his Captain Marvel set so that'll be part of it.  As I believe that they would be in high demand regardless, I'm sure anyone interested would know about them. 

He mentioned that to me a few weeks ago as well as he was looking into buying a new house. It's the #1 Captain Marvel set in the registry and quite amazing! 

Comics Set Detail (collectors-society.com)