• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your (Relatively) Least Favorite Silver Age Superhero
2 2

27 posts in this topic

On 5/2/2023 at 11:05 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

I’m gunna say The Jaguar. He’s just a pretend Black Panther to me 🤷‍♂️.

IMG_0187.png

Hmmm but as he predates Black Panther by at least three years, wouldn't by that logic make Black panther a copy - and let's not start with Professor X..

There are so many where do I start. Thinking Ant Man and Aquaman, who though lame in Gardners JLA had Mera and some pretty neat villains in his own book. Poor old Ant Man had .. was it Egghead, so Ant Man heads him off, but if open to team leaders I will say Rip Hunter is my top pick.

On 5/4/2023 at 7:45 AM, L'Angelo Misterioso said:

If we're talking well-known characters, then Aquaman

I don't know, I love stories with underwater settings and have ever since I was a kid so I kinda sorta like Aquaman as an idea, but I do admit that the execution is often sorely lacking. I feel the same about Sub-Mariner. I continually go in with high hopes, but usually come out disappointed. Often what kills it for me is all the psuedo-mythological trappings of the Atlantis stuff. I guess neither comic would last long without those additions, but I would just love to have these guys be loners whose powers permit them to live under the sea out of preference. Then again, the earliest Aquaman stories dealt more with that idea and those stories are  pretty bad (albeit fun bad at times). However, I do enjoy the more down to Earth Namor stories from the Atlas era, mixing romance while battling dirty commies. Oh well, I'll keep reading all of them because even bad underwater hero stories are better than no underwater hero stories.

Top 5 Most Ridiculous Aquaman Moments in the Comics

From the SA comics I read, I'd have to choose Iron Man. :shy:

I liked him fine with the Avengers, but I just never got into the solo (TOS) comics. I really couldn't relate to the character, and with more relatable characters like Spidey and even the FF, Thor, and Cap (relatively), I had plenty of other titles to read.

On 5/5/2023 at 5:58 AM, MR SigS said:

From the SA comics I read, I'd have to choose Iron Man. :shy:

I liked him fine with the Avengers, but I just never got into the solo (TOS) comics. I really couldn't relate to the character, and with more relatable characters like Spidey and even the FF, Thor, and Cap (relatively), I had plenty of other titles to read.

Interesting as I would say IRON MAN is probably my favorite Silver Age Marvel character. I like the earliest stories the best as the context of when they were done is a historical period that fascinates me and contrary to the more heralded characters from then, IRON MAN was really kind of a back pages hero. I tend to root for the underdog. I do understand what you’re saying though and respect it. I’m sure many feel the same way.