• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In Memory of Thomas Drew our DJPinkpanther67 and to help his family in their time of need. Recap Page 24 more is most welcome!!
25 25

518 posts in this topic

Has anyone reached out to Mile High ? A boarder suggested that perhaps they would put the gofundme in their newsletter? I don't know them at all...so if no one has reached out to them and one of you knows them, would you please reach out? 
Same with any of the other sites.

I know at least one person contacted Clink, I contacted MCS. Perhaps Heritage? @Ricksneatstuff or anyone else who knows them...and if anyone is friendly with the Metro people?

Thank you

THE AMAZON LIST 

Their home address is hidden, but I have it if someone wants to send something directly. A few people have asked to send checks.

Mrs.djpinkpanther  - Amazon Gift List - https://www.amazon.com/registries/gl/guest-view/1L6XG1VCH8YNO

I put a link at the top of the first page, because I'm sure it's hard to find things by this point.

They are adding things slowly. The middle daughter who just graduated H.S. will be off to college in the fall.

Edited by skypinkblu

On 5/6/2023 at 10:30 PM, Roo_Phillip said:

Bugs Bunny's Christmas Funnies #7.  Dell Giant, 1956.  First Speedy Gonzales in comics.  VG+, maybe a little better.  $75 donation.  Priority shipping included, US shipping only.

Reveal hidden contents

Spine roll.  Reading crease along spine.  Some chipping/dents/small tears on bottom edge.  Some soiling on rear cover.  Very small corner creases front cover.  Presents nicely, no interior writing or cutouts.

PXL_20230507_012305121.jpg.91cd1ad66ee6553daf39866532cb1cae.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

PXL_20230507_012445640.jpg.62a1e022e659b3acb11ebe9387267327.jpg

PXL_20230507_012332898.jpg.381e73a9f4076e0ffe66336c285daef7.jpg

PXL_20230507_012342569.jpg.04db7c7f68f1ae61171fc267d09ddb4d.jpg

PXL_20230507_012518401.jpg.0bbb18f47dcc14811e4af10e1aca2dc7.jpg

PXL_20230507_012550322.thumb.jpg.f63a9c223d8606b33747d579d77b5f95.jpg

PXL_20230507_013315879.jpg.a38fc21cd711545d85f47de9411e142a.jpg

I'll take this one. @skypinkblu I need to donate and show you and Roo? Feel free to DM me if you'd rather reply there.

From a very kind, donor who wishes to be anonymous.

GROUP OF SCI-FI 1ST EDITION BOOKS, VINTAGE PBKS, & A COUPLE COMIC ITEMS  $75.00 to the Thomas Drew Charity 

2010: ODYSSEY TWO by Arthur C. Clarke - 1st trade edition/1st printing stated with number line ending in 1.  Book binding is firm, jacket is unclipped with some light dust dulling and a 6cm slice to rear inside flap just to the left of the fold.  Near Fine in Very Good jacket.

2061: ODYSSEY THREE by Arthur C. Clarke - 1st trade edition/1st printing stated with number line ending in 1.  Book binding is firm, jacket is unclipped and has a small pock mark in the upper right corner and a slight bend to top edge of front panel.  Near Fine in Near Fine jacket.

DYING INSIDE by Robert Silverberg - 1st edition/1st printing with the code A-10.72(V) as called for with Scribners.  Book binding is tight, slight bump to bottom corner of front board and spine ends, jacket is unclipped and has slight wear to flap tips and edges.  Would be a Near Fine/Near Fine except for very faint foxing spots to outside edge of page block and some very faint mildew stains to inside board edges, book has faint musty smell.

STAN LEE And the Rise and Fall of The American Comic Book  by Jordan Raphael and Tom Spurgeon -1st printing with number line ending in 1.  Faint bending to the tip of top left corner of the back cover and last few pages, otherwise in Like New condition.

THE NAKED SUN by Isaac Asimov - Lancer 72-753 no statement of edition/printing, presumed 1st printing of this edition.  Ed Emshwiller cover art, page block edges dusted purple.  Spine is curved in from reading with non-color breaking reading creases, edge wear.  Very Good -.

SANDS OF MARS by Arthur C. Clarke - Pocket Book 989 stated First printing February 1954, Robert E. Schulz cover, page block edges dusted red.  Substantial crease and edge wear, separation at bottom of spine, ink transfer to back cover, hinges cracked but book is still firmly holding together.  Fair.

THE DEEP RANGE by Arthur C. Clarke - Signet S1583 stated First printing November, 1958, page block edges dusted red.  Binding is tight and feels unread, edge wear to covers, 5 mm litho loss to top left corner of back cover, small 7 mm crease bottom left corner back cover.  Very Good.

THE CITY AND THE STARS by Arthur C. Clarke - Signet S1464 stated First Printing December 1957,  Richard Powers cover art, page block edges dusted red.  Binding is tight and feels unread, wear to edges and corner tips.  Very Good + to Near Fine.

PRELUDE TO SPACE by Arthur C. Clarke - Ballantine 68 no statement of printing, presumed 1st printing of paperback edition, Richard Powers cover art.  Binding is tight and feels like an unread copy, small 5 mm tear to top left corner of spine with associated 3 cm crease to top right area of back cover, some slight creasing to bottom right corner of front cover, a bit of edge wear.  Very Good - to Very Good.

MORE THAN HUMAN by Theodore Sturgeon - Ballantine 462K stated Second printing January 1960, Richard Powers cover art.  Binding is tight, faint 6 cm crease to front cover, 2.7 cm crease to bottom left corner of back cover with wear to corner tip, slight surface wear, age toning to covers particularly to spine.  Very Good -.

NOT WITHOUT SORCERY by Theodore Sturgeon - Ballantine 506K no statement of printing assumed 1st printing of this paperback edition.  Binding is tight and feels unread, dust dulling to covers and color wear/flecking to edges.  Very Good to Very Good+.

SPACE PLAGUE by George O. Smith - Avon T-180 no statement of printing assumed 1st printing of this edition, revised version of Highways in Hiding published in hardcover by Gnome Press, Richard Powers cover art.  Binging is tight and feels unread, hint of wear to edges, a couple of spine stresses resulting in a couple of 5 mm creases to back cover.  Very Good to Very Good +.

IN THE DAYS OF THE COMET by H. G. Wells - Berkley Highland X1440, no statement of printing.  Binding is tight and feels unread, original cover price inked out, hint of wear to edges.  Very Good + to Near Fine.

THE INVISIBLE MAN by H. G. Wells - Berkley Medallion S2989, stated 12th printing.  Binding is tight, edge wear and a slight thumbnail crease to back cover, original cover price inked out, store price sticker to front cover also with price inked out.  Very Good to Very Good +.

THE FALL OF HYPERION by Dan Simmons - later printing.  Wear to cover corners with a crease to top right corner of back cover, a couple of very faint reading creases to spine, otherwise binding is very tight, in nearly Like New condition.

ANNIHILATION by Jeff Vandermeer - 29th printing.  Binding is tight.  Like New.

SUPERMAN - Power Records F2295   P.O. Box 65  7"  33 1/2 RPM Little LP factory sealed with silver price sticker residue, there is a split in the top of the cardboard sleeve with an associated crease.  From the John G. Fantucchio Collection, comes with certificate.

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS by Frank Miller - 2002 edition stated 10th printing.  Binding is tight, a thumb dent to front and back cover, wear to cover edges and spine ends.  Very Good.

More detailed pictures are available upon request.
Will be shipped Media Mail anywhere in the U.S.

IMG_4968.thumb.jpeg.77272b064507a7217fe7ea0375f1b1af.jpeg

IMG_4969.thumb.jpeg.2eae1817956d89bca072de4ee9a43b43.jpeg

IMG_4970.thumb.jpeg.f61f6cc0532c2e0a8d53a79873fe51bf.jpeg

Edited by skypinkblu

Someone messaged me last night and asked for Carmen's PP address. I was not near my phone where I have it in a text message and I  couldn't access it at the time. I have been looking for that PM to answer, but it's lost in a bunch of others...I didn't forget, just can't find the PM, so could you kindly bump it for me? 

Thank you

On 5/8/2023 at 7:14 PM, greggy said:

I bought everything on the list except the rubbermaid thingie cuz it messed up my ability to send it through the gift address.

The one requested was less than the minimum order so I couldn't add it and still have her gift address as an option.

Fix it @skypinkblu

Already texted her before I read this..GMTA

On 5/8/2023 at 7:23 PM, greggy said:

Her list was pretty conservative.  Where's the playstation 5 request?

The little one is 5, I don't think she's up to that...and they are obviously humble...nice, nice people.

But I could send you a request for one if you want;)) :foryou:

Seriously her response was OH WOW...and they are going to add things. Thank you

On 5/8/2023 at 4:27 PM, skypinkblu said:

The little one is 5, I don't think she's up to that...and they are obviously humble...nice, nice people.

But I could send you a request for one if you want;)) :foryou:

Seriously her response was OH WOW...and they are going to add things. Thank you

Why does some of the stuff that I already bought still show as being needed?

They show on my invoice. 

On 5/8/2023 at 7:29 PM, greggy said:

Why does some of the stuff that I already bought still show as being needed?

They show on my invoice. 

She's fixing that...she must have changed the numbers while you were buying ...after I asked her to change the blanket one. Not everyone is used to buying stuff on Amazon wishlists :foryou: