• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NY Art Show report and pics
2 2

65 posts in this topic

On 5/8/2023 at 10:02 AM, delekkerste said:

A lot easier for those of us who are well-served by public transportation into Manhattan, but, the consensus I've heard from those living in NJ/Philly/Maryland/Virginia/D.C. is that they prefer driving to the NJ show than having to drive into NYC. I really hope this show continues on, as it's a lot easier for me, personally; I haven't been to the NJ show since I sold my car almost 5 years ago. 

When they had it at the other place in Northern Jersey a couple of years ago it took me almost three hours to get there from where I’m on Long Island. The traffic was unbearable trying to cross over the GW.  I took a break and attended this past spring.  That took two hours to get to.  At least if I’m on the train I can sleep in my seat and “miss” the ride. You would think we live in or near LA with the way the traffic is lol 

Individual highlights 

Anthony: always fun to look through his folios. Tons of great art at affordable prices. No one should complain that they can’t find something at this show. Look through the folios and you’ll be surprised!

Nick K: Dedication like I’ve never seen! Every piece I’d set meticulously cared for in a Mylar and board with all of them priced. Great energy and vibrations to anyone who chats with him.

Nelson: Great guy with some amazing gems in his folios! You’d be foolish NOT to at least look.

Will; always a great selection of new and vintage pieces at every price point. Some gorgeous Masaferra paintings!

Glenn: Covers to some awesome titles including Wolverine and Excalibur. From Kieth to Kirby some jaw dropping pieces!

Albert Moy: Ditko splash, nuff said.

ComicConnect: Tradd Surfer Black in the house!

Zaddick: Thorne fan? No better place to be!

Scott Eder: so many examples of amazing underground art! His dedication to the genre and always being a nice guy make it a no brainer if you collect. And a golden age Batman splash to boot!

And for those into illustration art, some amazing examples from Leyendecker to J Allen St John.

Edited by AnkurJ

On 5/7/2023 at 10:48 PM, Buzzetta said:

When is the next one of these?  This show is a LOT easier to get to than NJ Art Con.   I will take a train ride vs perpetual traffic any day of the week.  Is there a mailing list to get on? 

https://comicartexpo.com/

Newsletter link at the bottom of the page.

On 5/8/2023 at 11:19 PM, AnkurJ said:

Individual highlights 

Anthony: always fun to look through his folios. Tons of great art at affordable prices. No one should complain that they can’t find something at this show. Look through the folios and you’ll be surprised!

Nick K: Dedication like I’ve never seen! Every piece I’d set meticulously cared for in a Mylar and board with all of them priced. Great energy and vibrations to anyone who chats with him.

Nelson: Great guy with some amazing gems in his folios! You’d be foolish NOT to at least look.

Will; always a great selection of new and vintage pieces at every price point. Some gorgeous Masaferra paintings!

Glenn: Covers to some awesome titles including Wolverine and Excalibur. From Kieth to Kirby some jaw dropping pieces!

Albert Moy: Ditko splash, nuff said.

ComicConnect: Tradd Surfer Black in the house!

Zaddick: Thorne fan? No better place to be!

Scott Eder: so many examples of amazing underground art! His dedication to the genre and always being a nice guy make it a no brainer if you collect. And a golden age Batman splash to boot!

And for those into illustration art, some amazing examples from Leyendecker to J Allen St John.

I will try and hit this up next time.   With all of my favorite vendors withdrawing from NYCC over the past ten years, I’ve been thinking of staying home this year in October but would like to find something else.  

Sounds like this could be what I’m looking for around NYC. 

On 5/8/2023 at 8:43 PM, NelsonAI said:

I would like to thank everyone that made it to the show and stopped by to say hello. The show would not have been a success without all of you.

Nelson, why didn't you provide more details about the art you were bringing in your pre-show Marketplace thread? 

On 5/10/2023 at 2:45 PM, artdealer said:

There’s no element of surprise left in me. 

It was no less satisfying.