• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slabbed comic sale. Including the infamous SCS TTA #100... Scans up

48 posts in this topic

I will be listing several other books as well as these in the next couple of weeks. Quite a few Mid/High grade raw lots along with a sprinkling of slabs.

I will take, or already have photos of all these books if you want to see the book, due to time constraints I will not post photos here/now.

Price listed is the mailed to you price.

EDITI wanted to specify.. if I need to ship out of the USA I will ask buyer to spilt actual shipping costs with me..thnx.

Please PM me if you have want a book, or have any questions.

These are all books I have bought myself over the past few years. I always tried to buy the "best looking" book I could afford at the time.

Amazing Adventures #1(1961)

CGC 5.5 OW old style Blue Label # 0064371001

Asking $285 PRICE REDUCED

amazing1.JPG

Tales To Astonish #50

CGC 8.5 OW New Blue Label 0097435009

Asking $100 news.gif SOLD

Tales Of Suspense #65

CGC 7.5 C/OW Old Blue Label 0057813003

Asking $85

Fantastic Four #73

CGC 9.4 OW/W New Blue Label #0125784001

Asking $265 PRICE REDUCED

ff58visioncover.JPG

Avengers #12

CGC 7.0 C/OW older blue label #0057171003

Asking $65 news.gif SOLD

Avengers #58

CGC 9.4 W New Blue Label #0608007002

Asking $265 PRICE REDUCED

avengers58.JPG

Avengers #93

CGC 9.0 OW old blue label #0015444005

Asking $110 news.gif SOLD

Conan The Barbarian #1

CGC 8.5 W Older Blue label #0116721002

Asking $165

What if #1

CGC 9.4 W old label #0046309013

And What if #7 CGC 9.6 W

Asking $50 for both comics

Journey Into Mystery Annual #1

CGC 9.0 W Purple Label Slight A. #0090191001 I sent this one in myself to CGC... Bought it RAW from good ol' Hammer.

Called and got the notes..was told it had two tiny dots of CT on the black line of the spine..otherwise this is a pristine example of this book. Why it only recieved a 9.0 I am still baffled. The book is tight, solid with no visible flaws.

Even with the P label, I am still asking $200 for the book

jimannual4sale.JPG

ASM # 57

CGC 7.5 W New Blue label # 0089097008

Green River Pedigree

Asking $140 news.gif SOLD

Tales To Astonish #100 SCS edition

CGC 6.5 old blue label OW...WITH SEVERE SLAB DAMAGE

(This is it....THE comic/slab I used in my SCS experiment) If ya want to own a piece of board history make a bid on it... I am not selling it for a fixed price..but rather it will go to the highest bidder after 1 week...If there ARE any that is. So make a bid if ya want it, or you just wanna help ol' Ze- out

Thanks for looking , and feel free to PM me with any questions you might have. I am open to offers..but I already posted what I hope is a fair price.

Dont forget to look back soon as I will have many more books being listed randomly.

Kenny

I don't know if this is the time or place, but screw it.....I am putting the following book up for auction on the boards only.......100% of the proceeds will go to help Kenny defray costs associated with his recent loss......I won't go into details, but suffice it to say....a long time boardie could use some support from the crew.

If you wish to make a straight contribution to Zeman to help him out at the moment.....you can paypal me at bhamann@hvc.rr.com . I'll send contributions on to him with a detailed list of who sent what....but trust me....he could use a few extra sheckles at the moment.

The book I am offering tonight is.....the Pacific Coast copy of Avengers #50. OW-White pages. CGC 9.4. This is a simply stunning white covered book with razor sharp edges. Old label too. Probably never pressed. 100% of final sale price goes to Kenny.

Free Shipping. Highest offer by Sunday midnight EST, or you can BIN it now for $250, first pm in to me gets it.

Also, please take a good look at Kenny's for sales......if it's something you don't want to keep, but would flip, then please consider helping him out.

I'm off till tomorrow night for Thanksgiving......take care everyone.

Red Hook

avenger50.9.4.jpg

I also want to help the cause:

I have a Batman 232 CGC VF+ 8.5 White Pages. I just picked this up from Bob Storms this past weekend. Well centered (not perfectly) and a beautiful looking book.

I can't post a scan right now, but I can guarantee you will be pleased with the book.

I paid $145, that's the donation I'm asking for to be directly paypal'd to the account Brad has so he can send the contributions all together. Once there, I will ship the book. First PM takes the book.

I consider Kenny to be one of the better friends I've made on the boards -- he's really a good guy.

What are you looking for JC?

Something interesting from the 72-75 or so timeframe, Marvel-only. I don't have a list, just something to catch my eye.

Here's an example of something I was tracking, and almost bid on, that was sold by another forum member:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6579471044

Put that book on here, at that price, and I'd snatch it up in a second.

I don't mean to be rude, but what is the rush? It might help in generating some revenue (to understand the issue).

Pat

I presume it's something pretty personal that probably doesn't need to be aired to the public.

If you're one to trust the other board members enough to donate a bit of cash, go for it. smile.gif

I don't mean to be rude, but what is the rush? It might help in generating some revenue (to understand the issue).

Pat

First off thnx to Brad for being there. And to everyone for their generous offers. I am humbled.

To be blunt, I am selling off alot of my books this week because as most of you know my Dad passed away last Thursday. I needed to supplement my normal income to help defray all of the unexpected costs that have fallen in my lap as the only person able to carry out proper services due my father.( I have learned recently, dying can be very expensive) We still have not even been able to open his safe deposit box, and determine what his dying wishes even were.( a long story)

So back to this thread.. I bought alot of funny books in my life when I had no business spending money on them... it was selfish in a way. So selling them off now.. while not my first choice is something I have no problem doing.

In a way it is a chance to do something of worth with stuff that is just sitting in my closet.

To be sure..My family and I are NOT starving, we ALL still wear shoes that fit, and only a few pairs of my socks have holes in them.

We will eat a real turkey tomorrow...not a turkey roll, REAL cranberries, not canned

Please dont feel like I want a handout....but I will gladly accept any HELP I can get.

The impetus for me selling my books today was not to start a money grab. I listed them here in Marketplace first because I would rather not pay Ebay one red cent, plus the time it takes me to list multiple auctions there....

We all have problems in life and we all have our money woes. I am no different.

That said, I am also not too humble to accept a helping hand that is offered to me.

Any money I get from selling off some of my books, and or from others who donated books will go directly to help me pay for my pops funeral...his estate was a big goose egg. Between the estate lawyers, burial costs, services, and other personal family expenses, it is more then my ol rubber checking accnt can absorb in such a short time. And sadly.. it will be ongoing for awhile

So there it is..was I too blunt? TMI?... That actually WAS the cliff note version, I swear.

I admit I was surprised at how many of you took the time to write me and offer your prayers, and concerns over our loss. Well.. I was overwhelmed actually.

That is what I will take away from all of this as time goes by.

Friendship

Ze-

On a positive note for those that care to read. And a type of closure to all of this.

Last night I was able to meet my fathers co-workers at a party that we threw in his honor. When I spoke with his boss last week he mentioned that many of his co workers wanted to do something fun to remember my dad.(since they knew that is what HE would have wanted them to do..not sit and cry at a funeral home) I expected to see about 5-15 people....around 45 showed up.

We rented a room at a local place(Bar) downtown, we had food and drinks while we all talked,cried and looked at photos everyone brought with them.

I was able to meet and talk with people that knew my dad, saw him everyday for 20+ years.. They had relationships with him that I never did. It was very special.

I assume that this is TMI.. but who cares.. I will get back to talking about Hulk #181 soon enough..welll ..no I wont. I dont like Hulk #181..perhaps we can just talk about why the Hulks pants always stayed on and only ripped so far up his leg.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

JC.. there will be quite a few lots of raw BA stuff.. Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, Giant Size, ect.. perhaps not in the uber HG alot of people chase here..but still some nice stuff. So feel free to scoop them up when I get them scanned and posted.

Ze-

Shadroch stepped up and bought the Bats 232, so that book is sold. I will be working on trying to get more books listed through the weekend for people.

Thanks again to anyone who contributes to this. Yes, everyone does have money troubles, but I am more than willing to help out my friends when they need it, especially when it is as easy as selling off something that will sit in a box for years. This way, it has some productive value, and somebody will get a book perhaps they will enjoy.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone...

bumpit.gif

Not 1 stinkin bid on my TTA #110 SCS edition? sumo.gif

Cmon peeps...somebody can have this beat to [embarrassing lack of self control] book for cheap!

Opening bid.. $20... do I hear $20?...anybody?....starting at $20...for this gem of a book...do I hear $20?

Step up...take this puppy home and tell the SCS story to your grandkids.

Ze-

I am drunk on Turkey....the blood supply to my brain has been reduced to only support basic life functions... I should not be allowed to type.