• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA: THIS BLASTED THREAD IS CLOSED!
10 10

326 posts in this topic

Msrvel Super-Heroes 12
First appearance Captain Marvel. 

Nice tight square copy with a bit of general wear, small split lower spine FC, otherwise good gloss, offwhite pages.
I have a slabbed copy of #13 coming up later in the thread.

Asking $125

MSH12.jpg

G'morning! Who's enthused for a few Early Birds today? Operators are Standing By!

Space Adventures 25
Two five page Steve Ditko stories in this issue.

Very solid copy, the worst of it is a long dogear upper RH FC, see the scan. Otherwise  few color breaks along the spine,
touch of general wear. Flat, tight, clean, glossy, white pages. I particularly enjoy the date stamp on Dino's backside, :D 

Asking $75

SPACEADV25.jpg

Here's an interesting item. 

A Story Of Our Gang  
Children's book from 1929. Quite nice shape with minor wear FC along the spine, and an ink dedication on page one, 
"To Ann From Gean"  Color photos throughout, along with a handful of B & W, twenty story pages, heavy cardboard covers,
and interior is printed on cardstock paper. BC even nicer than FC, with a different color photo. Interior pages are crisp, just 
a bit offwhite. 

No idea on this one, so let's try it at $35

OURGANG.jpg

Young Brides V1 #3

Small tears at staples and RH edge of FC, wear along spine BC. Cover still well attached, but the CF is detached. 
General wear. Offwhite - white pages.

Asking $20 SOLD!

YOUNGBRIDES3.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Here's one I've never had before. 

My Friend Irma 3  (#1)
Dan DeCarlo art!

General wear, with soiling along spine BC, leads me to believe someone ironed out a spine roll. Chipping along RH edge FC
supports that conclusion. General light soiling  FC and BC.
Ahh, but on the plus side, there's a bit of gloss left,  cover and CF are tight, with white pages. Certainly a step or two above a 
Rough Reader, and how often have you seen a copy?

Asking $150,  FIRM. 

MYFRIENDIRMA3.jpg

Master Comics 113
Minor general wear on a tight copy, tiny tear lower edge FC, couple more lower RH BC. There are  a couple 
light tan  spots lower RH BC to boot. Bit of light foxing RH edge FC. Good gloss, white pages. 
C M Jr., Nyoka,  Tom Mix,  some humor strips. 

Grab a solid copy for $50

MASTER113.jpg

Evening Gang!

Time to Cherish A Chesler!

Dynamic Comics 17

Dogear lower RH FC, half inch split upper spine, bit of gebneral wear, otherwise flat and clean, tight spine and CF, white pages.
Small tear lower edge BC, snd somebody desperately wanted a quarter for this comic at one time,  I count FIVE individual 25c
stamps on ol' Sarge, lol

$200 takes it.

DYNSMIC17.jpg

Funny Stuff 5
Sheldon Mayer

Lower RH corner has gotten damp, and there's a bit of paper loss around the edge of the corner, 
BC matches the loss perfectly. First interior page both front and back has light water stain, doesn't touch the art.
Otherwise  a very nice solid copy, flat, tight, white pages

Asking $20

FUNNYSTUFF5.jpg

Space Adventures 3
MR. Giordano cover

General wear, bit of spine roll, several very large light dogears lower RH FC. 
Tight spine and CF, white pages, touch of gloss left.

Yours for $40 SOLD!

SPACEADV3.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Pulp Time!

Argosy V171 #4
Sept 25, 1925
First chapter of The Red Hawk by Edgar Rice Burroughs, later part of the Moon Maid series. 
I ***think*** it was included in the Ace volumes back in the 1960's. 

Chips and pieces out of  RH edge FC, a couple more out upper and lower LH FC. Spine strip is nice, tiny bit of chipping upper end.
Here's the heartbreaker: about half of the back cover is missing, see the second scan. Interior is nice, offwhite pages

Asking $75  SOLD!

PART1ARGOSY.jpg

PART2ARGOSY.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Shocking Mystery 58
L B Cole cover

Small split lower spine, pulled lower staple, tear at upper staple, but cover still nicely attached. Bit of general wear, 
but a glossy tight copy otherwise, with white pages. Displays very nicely in a new mylar, :D 

Asking $75  SOLD!

SHOCKING58.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Fantastic Four 41
Right in the middle of the classic Lee/Kirby run

Solid reader, displays nicely, but there is a light water stain along a good piece of the spine, and the lower staple is rusty.
Still flat and tight, good gloss, white pages.I strongly suspect the RH edge of the FC has been trimmed, it's just too damned nice, lol 

Asking $25

FF41.jpg

On 5/10/2023 at 8:23 PM, catrick339 said:

Pulp Time!

Argosy V171 #4
Sept 25, 1925
First chapter of The Red Hawk by Edgar Rice Burroughs, later part of the Moon Maid series. 
I ***think*** it was included in the Ace volumes back in the 1960's. 

Chips and pieces out of  RH edge FC, a couple more out upper and lower LH FC. Spine strip is nice, tiny bit of chipping upper end.
Here's the heartbreaker: about half of the back cover is missing, see the second scan. Interior is nice, offwhite pages

Asking $75

PART1ARGOSY.jpg

PART2ARGOSY.jpg

I’ll take it. 

Krazy Komics 7
1943 Timely, half page ad for Captain America, half page ad for Young Allies.

Back cover is nice, interior is nice  except for a light stain lower corner  page 1.
Ahh, but that front cover. Horizontal stain lower LH FC starting on Wolfie's foot and over to Ziggy's foot,
with some tape-pull-type damage. Couple chips out along spine, one more small tape pull below the K in Komics.
Flat and tight enough, some gloss left, offwhite pages.

Wartime Timely for under a hundred bucks? SAY IT AIN'T SO!

Asking $65

KRAZY7.jpg