• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA: THIS BLASTED THREAD IS CLOSED!
10 10

326 posts in this topic

Black Magic V1 #4
Kirby cover, Simon and Kirby stories inside.

Sharp copy, with minor general wear. Teensy color chips out RH edge FC. 
Tight, clean, decent gloss, white pages. If it doesn't sell here I'm sending it off for a press and a slab,

Yours for $200

BLACKMAGIC4.jpg

Green Lantern 86
Part two of the notorious "Speedy is a Junkie!" story.
Neal Adams cover and interior.

Solid midgrade, flat and tight with minor general wear, quarter inch tear LH edge BC. 
Glossy, white pages.

Asking $40  SOLD!

GREENLANTERN86.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Pulp Time!

Weird Tales V41, #2
January 1949

Robert A. Heinlein's only appearance in this title, "Our Fair City", the story about the sentient whirlwind.
Other stories by Robert Bloch, John D. MacDonald, Eric Frank Russell

Flat and tighgtm some general wear small tears RH edge FC, chip out lower LH FC, half inch of lower spine strip
peeled loose from the bottom but still attached. Small split upper spine BC. Nice pages, offwhite - white. Bit of gloss left on cover

Yours for $50

WEIRDTALES41N2.jpg

Gene Autry 4,  Dell Comics

Flat tight and clean, white pages. Whiff of minor general wear. Large light dogear upper RH
Photo FC and BC

Grab a little gem for $40  SOLD!

GENE4.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 5/9/2023 at 7:01 PM, catrick339 said:

Well, scans are finished, and I've put up a lot consisting of Gil Kane and Jim Starlin Warlocks over in the DJPINKPANTHER thread. 
Check it out. 

Time to get started!

The Gumps #2
No indicia anywhere in the book, so I'm guessing that this is the #2 issue from 1947
Whiff of stacking roll, bit of general wear, chip out upper spine, tiny chip out lower edge LH BC.
Tight, pretty clean, offwhite pages.

Asking $15

GUMPS2.jpg

take for 15

On 5/9/2023 at 5:33 PM, catrick339 said:

Green Lantern 86
Part two of the notorious "Speedy is a Junkie!" story.
Neal Adams cover and interior.

Solid midgrade, flat and tight with minor general wear, quarter inch tear LH edge BC. 
Glossy, white pages.

Asking $40

GREENLANTERN86.jpg

take

Pep Comics 60
Archie. Black Hood, Katy Keene,  The Shield stories inside.
Flat and tight enough, but there are old tape repairs inside upper and lower RH FC. Clean, white pages, good gloss. 

Asking $150

PEP60.jpg

Lonely Heart 12
1955, Ajax/Farrell

Must have squeaked in juuuust under the wire before the Comics Code went into effect.
First time I recall seeing this title. GPA only has a single issue, #9, 7.0, sold for $406 in 2019.

Whiff of spine/stacking roll, dogears lower RH FC, bit of rubbing RH FC. Back is yellowed a bit.  
Tight, good gloss,  white pages.

Asking $150

LONELYHEART12.jpg

On 5/9/2023 at 3:17 AM, catrick339 said:

Adventure V81 #6
March 1, 1932

First of several nice pulps this thread, and this one is a beauty. 
Flat, square, tight,  good gloss, minimal wear, spine strip fully intact, offwhite pages. 
There is a large  light water stain upper BC, and a smaller one FC that may not show in scan,   and a good sized dogear lower  BC. 

Displays beautifully, has stories by Talbot Mundy and....
Malcolm Wheeler Nicholson, father of American comic books with new content, founder of DC Comics.

Asking $60

ADVENTURE81N6.jpg

WOW. Cool lookin Pulp. :takeit: 

Captain Flight 6
8 pgs L B Cole art

This is a rough reader. Large corner off upper and lower  RH FC, small pieces out FC, plenty of general wear, and the entire
spine is taped up to a fare-thee-well. Interior is nice, tight with white pages. 

Grab a rough reader that actually displays okay for $30  SOLD!

CAPFLIGHT6.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 5/9/2023 at 6:14 PM, catrick339 said:

Captain Flight 6
8 pgs L B Cole art

This is a rough reader. Large corner off upper and lower  RH FC, small pieces out FC, plenty of general wear, and the entire
spine is taped up to a fare-thee-well. Interior is nice, tight with white pages. 

Grab a rough reader that actually displays okay for $30

CAPFLIGHT6.jpg

Take

Little hooded guy/bondage cover! :x

Edited by Robot Man

One more pulp this evening.

Sky Fighters V6 #1
July 1934

This one is a champ. Flat, square, tight, glossy, cream - offwhite pages. Tiny chip off lower spine, otherwise spine strip is 
intact and gorgeous. Back cover every bit as nice as the front cover.
I have a couple more, every bit as nice, coming up later in the thread. 

Asking $50,  FIRM

SKY6N1.jpg

Groovy 2

Marvel's short-lived  gag magazine (Three issues) was printed in color, but most of it was gag-a-page silliness,
Think "Humorama" or  the digest sized  "Joker". 
I don't see them very often, and I'm fairly certain I haven't ever had a copy of #3.
This copy is flat and tight enough, offwhite pages and decent gloss bur there's plenty of general wear and a bit of rubbing  RH edge FC.

Asking $10

GROOVY2.jpg

Astonishing 35
Ahh, here's a gemmy little issue. 

Flat, tight,  glossy, clean, white pages. Whiff of minor general wear, a half dozen color breaks along the spine.

Asking $250 for this little precode beauty, pretty firm on this one.

ASTONISH35.jpg

Movie Thrillers #1
1949 M.E. one-shot. Only copy I've seen. 

Movie adaptation ad in pretty nice shape, except for a light water stain along part of the lower edge FC. 
Matching stain, barely visible, on the first page.  Rest of the book is untouched. 
Flat and tight, bit of gloss, offwhite - white pages. Bit of soiling FC, tiny tear BC.

Asking $50

MOVIETHRILLERS.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 17
Second appearance Green Goblin,  Ditko!

Flat and tight,  but there are some issues. Small tear upper edge FC, light water stain upper edge BC. There appears to be
a fair sized tear upper  BC, but when you go to move it the paper is solid. Looks to be a neat  flexible glue repair to me. 
Bit of rust on the staples.
When all is said and done it's a lower grade copy that is tight with offwhite -white pages, and displays very nicely. 

Asking $175

SPIDEY17.jpg

Battle Stories 3

Bit of general wear on a flat tight copy, good gloss, white pages, small dogear upper RH FC.

Asking  $30

BATTLE3.jpg