• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA: THIS BLASTED THREAD IS CLOSED!
10 10

326 posts in this topic

Young Men 23
Last issue before Cap and the Torch start. (Shakes fist at sky at such a cruel fate)

Front cover is reverse-spine rolled, pushed a little back around to the rear. A press would fix it, I'm thinking.
General wear, but tight, bit of gloss left, cream - offwhite pages. Small tear lower FC, couple tiny tears interior.

Asking $15  SOLD!

YOUNGMEN24.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 5/13/2023 at 8:44 PM, catrick339 said:

Young Men 23
Last issue before Cap and the Torch start. (Shakes fist at sky at such a cruel fate)

Front cover is reverse-spine rolled, pushed a little back around to the rear. A press would fix it, I'm thinking.
General wear, but tight, bit of gloss left, cream - offwhite pages. Small tear lower FC, couple tiny tears interior.

Asking $15

YOUNGMEN24.jpg

take for 15

Jokes By Cracky 4 

Couple of short comic strips, some single panel gags, but most of this is text joke after text joke with some spot illos.
Printed in full color throughout.  Here, have a sample: 
Q. What do you call a sailor who crosses the ocean twice without taking a bath?
A.  A dirty double crosser.

Flat and tight,  64 pages with a stapled spine, with some general wear. White pages. 

Asking $10

JOKES4.jpg

All right Gang, last book of the evening.
And it's Pulp Time!

Science Wonder Stories V1 #1, June 1929
H G Wells, Stanton Coblentz, Fletcher Pratt

Flat and square, with a chip out lower FC, good sized dogear lower RH FC, some general wear. Spine strip intact but faded a bit 
Old store stamp upper RH BC, split uuper spine BC, bit of soiling along lower edge BC. Interior is nice, offwhite pages, 
one small tear, gets into the text a bit. 

NOTE: Too big to fit on my scanner bed, I mentioned above about a chip lower edge FC, it's about a
quarter inch square, and is lopped off in the scan. 

First issue,  bedsheet sized,  only copy I've seen. 

Asking $125

SCIENCEWONDER1.jpg

Edited by catrick339

G'morning! It's Early Bird Sunday!

Let's start with some obscure Matt Baker.

Hollywood (Romances) Pictorial 3 (#1)

Plenty of general wear, couple small tears, bit of spine roll, but still tight, offwhite pages. 
Both staples rusty with some light migration. 

Grab some Baker for $50

HOLLYWOOD.jpg

Popeye 2

Some general wear on a flat (nearly) tight copy. Alas, the centerfold is loose. Good gloss, offwhite pages

Asking $25

POPEYE2.jpg

rHot Rod and Speedway Comics 2

Flat, tight, glossy, cream - offwhite pages. But there is a light water stain along the RH edge FC, can only be
spotted at the upper corner in the white. Similar light stain along LH edge BC. Interior isn't affected. 

Asking $25

HOTROD2.jpg

Heckle and Jeckle 10

Flat, tight, bit of gloss, offwhite - white pages, just some general wear. 

Asking $30

HECKLE10.jpg

Kid Colt Outlaw 3

Tiny hole through back cover near lower spine, bit of general wear, light dogears lower RH FC. Cover miswrapped back to front, 
that is NOT a spine roll. Book is flat, tight spine and CF, good gloss, white pages

Asking $100  SOLD!

KIDCOLT3.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 5/14/2023 at 8:12 AM, catrick339 said:

Kid Colt Outlaw 3

Tiny hole through back cover near lower spine, bit of general wear, light dogears lower RH FC. Cover miswrapped back to front, 
that is NOT a spine roll. Book is flat, tight spine and CF, good gloss, white pages

Asking $100

KIDCOLT3.jpg

Take please

Good evening Gang!

I have a fine fat stack all scanned up and rarin' to go, so let's get started a little early.

The Beyond 17

There is a bit of soiling and a couple teensy tears LH edge BC, but that's the worst of it. 
Book is flat, tight, good gloss, minimal general wear, offwhite - white pages. 
There's a small scratch lower edge FC, and a couple NCB dogears lower RH FC, most of them would press out. 

Asking $120  SOLD!

BEYOND17.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Gerald McBoingBoing 3
Character is from a short series of UPA cartoons from the 1950's.

General wear,  chip out upper edge BC. Flat and tight, glossy, offwhite pages

Asking $10  SOLD!

GERALD3.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Wisconsin's Forests
Giveaway, not listed in  Ostreet

No copyright date given, but printed circa 1950 from internal info, there's a letter from Ernest F Swift on the BC,
he was director of the Wisconsin Conservation Department from 1947 to 1954. 

Twenty four full color pages, printed on excellent paper stock, bone white pages, minimal general wear, flat and clean.

Asking $20

WISCONSIN.jpg

Fantastic Four 26
Second half of the Hulk/Avengers crossover, classic Lee & Kirby as they were starting to hit their stride.

This is a Rough Reader. Complete, and the interior is actually quite solid, tight with cream - offwhite pages, 
but there's a big ol' water stain that runs through the book. Still perfectly readable, but the stain is definitely there.
Water stains and water damage to cover, large tear through logo RH edge FC, some wrinkles BC. Staples are rusty
with migration.  With that being said, it's a perfectly acceptable filler/reader.

Asking $25

FF26.jpg

On 5/14/2023 at 4:47 PM, catrick339 said:

Good evening Gang!

I have a fine fat stack all scanned up and rarin' to go, so let's get started a little early.

The Beyond 17

There is a bit of soiling and a couple teensy tears LH edge BC, but that's the worst of it. 
Book is flat, tight, good gloss, minimal general wear, offwhite - white pages. 
There's a small scratch lower edge FC, and a couple NCB dogears lower RH FC, most of them would press out. 

Asking $120 for a pretty one.

BEYOND17.jpg

:takeit:

Uncle Scrooge 180
DRAT! One issue off from the tough one, :D 

This is a little gem. There is a small light fold lower RH FC, would press right. I see one color break on the spine. 
That's basically it. Flat, clean, tight, glossy, white pages. I expect it would grade out at a nine point *mumble*

Asking $50

US180.jpg