• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers 53
2 2

9 posts in this topic

This is among the many comics I photographed last summer. I kind of wrote it off b/c of the shadow around the edges. After seeing that Avengers 48 get an 8.5 in the grading contest, I thought it would be good to revisit. This shadow is much less obtrusive in my estimation. A little spine/stacking roll that needs pressing, but otherwise quite nice for these white covers, which tend to get dirty or dark.

This is part II of a story that starts in X-Men 45. I had the Marvel Triple Action reprint of the X-Men & never knew how that situation was resolved until I got this many years later.

Avengers53.jpg

Avengers53-a.jpg

Avengers53-b.jpg

Avengers53-c.jpg

Avengers53-d.jpg

Avengers53-e.jpg

Avengers53-f.jpg

On 5/10/2023 at 2:18 PM, Lninefingers said:

the line

Printer's crease or vein. Both acceptable at a grade one automatically lands when a shadow sets the ceiling IMO

On 5/10/2023 at 2:59 PM, cchunn3 said:

inner wraps

Yes. Just inner wrap & 1 staple. Their book is (intentionally?) ambiguous about this. They're fairly clear about fully or partially detached covers & detached wraps (centerfold). Fully detached cover max 7.0. Fully detached wrap max 7.5. For staple detachments, which covers partially detached wraps, the range is 5.0-9.0, so I deduce the range for a partially detached inner wrap would be between 7.5-9.0, but again, it's a little ambiguous. The good news is it's still pretty structurally sound. Not sure how you detach a staple at an inner wrap without messing up the pages or the other staple.