• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which comic would you buy
1 1

25 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2023 at 3:10 PM, Average RE said:

Hi there if you had a choice, what comic would you buy. 

a Raw low grade 2.0-3.0 tales of suspense 52 first black widow

or strange tales 169 4.0-5.0 first Doctor Voodoo 

Doctor Voodoo?

hm

Edited by Dick Pontoon

On 5/16/2023 at 8:55 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

Doctor Voodoo?

hm

He did eventually become Sorcerer Supreme for a while.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 5/17/2023 at 8:57 AM, Average RE said:

I went with the Tales of Suspense 52 in there end it’s low grade,  but that’s my level which I’m happy with. I think I will get it pressed and graded to preserve 👍🏻😊. I probably will still e Dan up getting the Doctor Voodoo comic 😂

9651ACE7-0380-4536-825D-9DC7050DC632.jpeg

Congratulations! Great issue.

Pressing and grading won't preserve the book. Without holding it in hand I can't be certain, but I think there's a good chance that it is too fragile to press. In my opinion, you're best option is to leave it as-is and put it in a bag and board.

I'd be in the minority here with ST 169, I like the cover a little more than TOS 52. Black Widow is more of a classic character, but I was never a fan of her visual appearance until Romita re-worked her costume.

On 5/17/2023 at 5:57 AM, Average RE said:

I went with the Tales of Suspense 52 in there end it’s low grade,  but that’s my level which I’m happy with. I think I will get it pressed and graded to preserve 👍🏻😊. I probably will still e Dan up getting the Doctor Voodoo comic 😂

good buy man congrats! i would have picked TOS too.  a classic

On 5/17/2023 at 8:57 AM, Average RE said:

Nice pickup - Is the ST 169 also a UK version?