• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC’s OFFICIAL Mechanical Errors / Returns Policy
11 11

433 posts in this topic

On 5/20/2023 at 10:30 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

When he says “you can’t see me” is he referring to the blind people in CGC’s QC department?

I get you guys are piling on them right now.

Some of you don't understand many of the defects happened in shipping transit not at QC.

A good amount of scratches and most case brakes occurred in the Fedex truck not in Sarasota.  I get the end result is the same for the customer, but lets fully understand the whole process, and not bury just one aspect of it.

On 5/20/2023 at 10:32 AM, Buzzetta said:

You are still presuming that the buyers of those books are submitting them to CGC.  I can assure you that myself and others have not.

In the last two years I have picked up numerous first appearances, golden age books, crime and horror books.  They have been purchased raw from other collectors with quite a few over these boards.  Some I purchased from MCS... they are still raw.  The collectors who sold me those books had their opportunity to send them to CGC.  They chose to sell them raw. 

You seemingly keep touting a line that eventually all raw books of any significant value will make their way to CGC. 

That does not seem to be happening in the way that it occurred in the past. 

How do you officially know that?

Moderns are their bread and butter. All that variant garbage as well.

I get it, I have boxes of that kind of stuff.  All raw

On 5/20/2023 at 11:04 AM, awakeintheashes said:

This my biggest issue with them and the policy change and I hope it gets tweaked. Luckily, so far I haven’t suffered the terrible newton rings, debris, or major scratches. But, I have dealt with the mislabel numerous times. 

I can understand the argument that damaged slabs, newton rings, and even debris/organic matter does not affect their credibility. However, the blatant mislabeled books, really does not instill confidence. I’d like to think CGC recognizes this and tweaks the new policy accordingly. 

Yeah I mean I get about 100+ books per month back every month now since 2019.  Honestly on my end not having too many problems anymore since last summer.

I understand that is not everyone's experience I can just relate to my own.

So for me things seem to be going smoother again.

On 5/20/2023 at 1:36 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Before I answer your 2-week statement.  Are referring to their current ME TaT's right now or their grading TaT's or both?

You can pretty much assume for the rest of your life they will have no worthy competitor.  I feel that time has passed, and the current one is a failure on so many levels.  They missed their opportunity.   For all those reasons when you decide to sell some of your best books you will 100% use CGC again for their services to max our your profit margin just like everyone else.  Hence all this complaining goes right out the window.

This is probably where we differ the most you because you think the boardies who are agreeing with represent the vast majority and I am saying they represent the vast minority of the hobby. 

Overall Turnaround times. 

And again, we are not talking about the same tier.  With price increases and turnaround times combined with pretty shoddy decision making at the top, expect even more books to remain raw.   I've seen this trend in toys, as well as sports card. 

Do not delude yourself in thinking that all books of value make their way to CGC.   Even at grading a few million collectables over 20 years that is but a mere pittance of books that would benefit from grading.

On 5/20/2023 at 3:54 PM, Buzzetta said:

Overall Turnaround times. 

And again, we are not talking about the same tier.  With price increases and turnaround times combined with pretty shoddy decision making at the top, expect even more books to remain raw.   I've seen this trend in toys, as well as sports card. 

Do not delude yourself in thinking that all books of value make their way to CGC.   Even at grading a few million collectables over 20 years that is but a mere pittance of books that would benefit from grading.

I get that, I have plenty of boxes of that stuff.  I buy a lot of stuff and just put it away.

I was just assuming you meant the TaT on re-holders and ME. Comic book grading TaT is back to 1999 speed.  I mean they already shipped this week all my vintage and modern books back to me with received date 5/10/23 (100 moderns slow track and 2 EX).  During COVID CGC could not keep up with me, now I cant keep up with them. This year has been the fastest I have ever received my monthly shipments of books back each month.

CGC seems to be doing okay since they raised their prices and incorporate these new ME rules.  Without knowing their financials your opinion is honestly just a guess, same goes for me.  If not they will make changes, only time will tell.

Listen I get it you have your opinions and I have mine.  I can only go by my experiences right? Since summer 2022 I am seeing a vast improvement in QC on my end, and for me its business as usual so I can't complain.  Obviously by no means am I their biggest submitter, but for sure I think you would agree above average at 100+ books per month. So I am just passing on my findings.  If people care cool, if not that's okay as well. I also understand people have had issues that can be frustrating.

Listen its been a fun chat, so I am going to retire from this thread now lol   Good talk and have a nice weekend!

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 5/20/2023 at 7:33 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

but for sure I think you would agree above average at 100+ books per month

How many posts are you going to make telling us that you submit 100+ books a month compared to the peasants with their irrelevant amounts? Does that make your opinion more valuable? Did you get a trophy or the title of Super Submitter? 

Guess what companies tend to learn? When enough peasants get together, those insignificant numbers suddenly become real significant.  

On 5/20/2023 at 4:39 PM, CAHokie said:

How many posts are you going to make telling us that you submit 100+ books a month compared to the peasants with their irrelevant amounts? Does that make your opinion more valuable? Did you get a trophy or the title of Super Submitter? 

Why are you calling people here peasants?  That's not nice. :headpat:

I will put you down on the list that doesnt care. (thumbsu

On 5/20/2023 at 4:39 PM, CAHokie said:

Guess what companies tend to learn? When enough peasants get together, those insignificant numbers suddenly become real significant.  

You Re A Daisy If You Do GIFs | Tenor

On 5/20/2023 at 7:49 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I will put you down on the list that doesnt care

About you submitting a 100 books a month? That is correct. I do not care.

It only takes ten peasants at ten books a month to equal you, and twenty to far exceed you. CGC is vital to your livelihood so I don’t blame you for being a cheerleader, your dismissiveness of others though is another thing.

Glad to see you are still in the thread though!

On 5/20/2023 at 7:33 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Listen its been a fun chat, so I am going to retire from this thread now

IMG_9597.jpeg.0e2162cb2bbec151190437aa9d77ff20.jpeg

On 5/20/2023 at 5:09 PM, CAHokie said:

Nice edit. meh

Well I mean I am trying to be nice and have some fun, but you seem very agitated.

You are the one throwing insults, I have kept it PC.

Why not have a civil discussion?

I just fully understand mostly everyone who submits to CGC is fully replaceable by another customer, especially at the level of less than 25-50 books per year.  You are taking it as an insult, I just giving you facts that are hurting your feelings.

Does this help? :foryou:

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 5/20/2023 at 8:16 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Well I mean I am trying to be nice and have some fun, but you seem very agitated.

You are the one throwing insults, I have kept it PC.

Why not have a civil discussion?

I just fully understand mostly everyone who submits to CGC is fully replaceable by another customer, especially at the level of less than 25-50 books per year.  You are taking it as an insult, I just giving you facts that are hurting your feelings.

Does this help? :foryou:

Are you done editing? Is that your final thought?

On 5/20/2023 at 5:37 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

:busy:

Where you been? :baiting:

I only started posting in here to get you going.

On 5/20/2023 at 5:40 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I skipped the last couple pages, but I see you’re making friends as always :insane:

You know me.  Unfortunately, I can't been 2008 SOT anymore. :taptaptap:

Modern CGC boards are soooooooo tame.

The boards used to be :arguing: aka fun, now its more :peace: and

Boring email alert - SimpleMail Email Newsletters

On 5/20/2023 at 5:31 PM, CAHokie said:

Are you done editing? Is that your final thought?

Ummm have a nice weekend! (shrug)

On 5/20/2023 at 8:44 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

You know me.  Unfortunately, I can't been 2008 SOT anymore. :taptaptap:

Modern CGC boards are soooooooo tame.

The boards used to be :arguing: aka fun, now its more :peace: and

Boring email alert - SimpleMail Email Newsletters

Just say how you feel and take your vacation ban like a man