• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC’s OFFICIAL Mechanical Errors / Returns Policy
11 11

433 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 9/5/2023 at 10:51 PM, Fixer7640 said:

Separate question. I don’t see it in the 21 pages I read. 

can I just send the ME back in the same box/packaging I received it in?

Thanks!

No.  Provided you are still within the 14 day window of receiving the item back from CGC, you need to complete a submission form by selecting the mechanical error option.  After doing so, a prepaid shipping label will be sent to you through the website.  (not by e-mail)  We will fix the problem, and send the item back to you at our expense.  

Last month I sent in a second mechanical error submission of the same book.  It was just received onto CGC’s system as this: 

Service: MEMBER CREDIT

What is a status of Member Credit and was wasn’t it MECHANICAL ERROR like the first time it was returned? 

On 9/12/2023 at 4:51 PM, icp004 said:

Last month I sent in a second mechanical error submission of the same book.  It was just received onto CGC’s system as this: 

What is a status of Member Credit and was wasn’t it MECHANICAL ERROR like the first time it was returned? 

Used to be mechanical error, not sure why the change unless you had credit they used, which would be worse case scenario?  @CGC Mike

• Administrator
On 9/12/2023 at 5:51 PM, icp004 said:

Did the OSF allow you to submit it the second time as a mechanical error?  Usually, you have to get approval for the second time, as the 14 day window has expired.  If it was approved, you would then submit it as a reholder, and we would change it manually to a ME after you have sent us the packing slip number.   We would send you a prepaid shipping label as well. 

• Administrator
On 9/13/2023 at 2:11 AM, Gaard said:

A quick question...

If a ME has to be returned for a 2nd time, when does the 14 day window start for the 2nd ME?

Technically, the ME window had already expired 14 days after the customer received the submission back the first time.  So, everything has to be done manually on our end if there is still a problem with the submission the second time.  

On 9/12/2023 at 8:32 PM, CGC Mike said:

Did the OSF allow you to submit it the second time as a mechanical error?  Usually, you have to get approval for the second time, as the 14 day window has expired.  If it was approved, you would then submit it as a reholder, and we would change it manually to a ME after you have sent us the packing slip number.   We would send you a prepaid shipping label as well. 

I did have to call customer service and they assisted me with how to avoid the 14 day window.  Basically I used the invoice number of the 1st ME submission and added “-001” to the end.  The new submission was created as ME (I’ll pm you a copy) and I was provided a ppd shipping label.

At this point my questions are “will I be charged” and “will the book need to be regraded or just a straight reholder”.

Thanks! 

• Administrator
On 9/13/2023 at 9:36 AM, icp004 said:

I did have to call customer service and they assisted me with how to avoid the 14 day window.  Basically I used the invoice number of the 1st ME submission and added “-001” to the end.  The new submission was created as ME (I’ll pm you a copy) and I was provided a ppd shipping label.

At this point my questions are “will I be charged” and “will the book need to be regraded or just a straight reholder”.

Thanks! 

I am glad to hear that you were able to get a ME.  No, you will not be charged. In most all cases, it will be a straight reholder.  If a book was damaged in some way, it would be regraded.  However, that rarely happens.  

On 9/13/2023 at 12:07 PM, CGC Mike said:

I am glad to hear that you were able to get a ME.  No, you will not be charged. In most all cases, it will be a straight reholder.  If a book was damaged in some way, it would be regraded.  However, that rarely happens.  

Thanks!

About how long does it take for an ME submission to get processed and shipped back to you?  I have an ME submission that was received on 8/15/23.   I thought ME's were a higher priority.  
It is four books were the labels were swapped.  Seems like a long time to correct this but then again I don't know how many ME submission there are.   Any insight would be much appreciated. 
I guess I will call CGC tomorrow and find out what is going on. 

On 9/14/2023 at 4:48 PM, musicmeta said:

About how long does it take for an ME submission to get processed and shipped back to you?  I have an ME submission that was received on 8/15/23.   I thought ME's were a higher priority.  
It is four books were the labels were swapped.  Seems like a long time to correct this but then again I don't know how many ME submission there are.   Any insight would be much appreciated. 
I guess I will call CGC tomorrow and find out what is going on. 

Just scrolled through my posts and my last ME that was label related took 42 business days total to return back to me.

On 9/14/2023 at 5:48 PM, Chamber of Chills said:

Just scrolled through my posts and my last ME that was label related took 42 business days total to return back to me.

Thank You for the info. Looks like it just takes a while to get the ME's pushed thru.   I'll just have to patiently wait for my ME submission to ship.    

Edited by musicmeta