• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Non-Key books...

35 posts in this topic

Man, some days I feel like hitting my head against a wall...

Collections, not EBay buys or comics found on the road, but long-term collections purchased off the newstand by one person. These are incredibly good ways of judging which comics may have been regionally "taken out the back door" to dealers, rather than distributed to newstands.

Don't worry Tom, from now on I'll write an essay in each and every post, just for you. Fortunately, there's a little something called intuitive logic, whereby non-ape-like humanoids can divine the meaning of a sentence based on the information it contains.

Since I was stating that dealers may have purchased the Silver Surfer 4 newstand supply before it even left the distributors, it stands to reason that the "collections" I used to prove this point would also be those purchased off the newstand.

Make sense?

Otherwise, how does a collection purchased piecemeal in the 1990's (long after the dealer-newstand altercations of the early-70's) have any relationship to any of my comments?

Gee, I guess I am the only "ape-like humanoid" who graduated from a prestigious university, became an equities trader at a top tier investment bank and is now in semi-retirement @ the ripe old age of 32. By the amount of free time you spend posting on this board, your situation must be similar to mine, right?

I'm doing okay, and my comments were such that I assumed you knew what I meant, and were only partaking in the usual "CI jab session" that drbanner and the other CGC profit-mongers have developed into a science.

No jab at your intelligence was intended, as misdirection and the splitting of the hairs, are both common tactics that I am quite used to.

I'm doing okay, and my comments were such that I assumed you knew what I meant, and were only partaking in the usual "CI jab session" that drbanner and the other CGC profit-mongers have developed into a science.

CI - you'll be glad to learn I've forsaken responding to your broken-record rants against CGC, scamming ebay sellers, insufficiently_thoughtful_person CGC-buyers, Paypal, Overstreet, CBM, Wizard..and on and on and on and on and on..., primarily because this board has become drama-central and any response from me would just be the B-side of the same broken record (in fact, you could probably write my response wink.gif ), which others can play without me.

As we discussed on the "Why is there a resurgence of prices?" thread, not every ebay or CGC seller is a liar and cheat trying to scam kids lunch money or old ladies retirement funds, which somehow led to your veiled apology "If I offended anyone, then I apologize." So please don't call me a profit monger, insufficiently_thoughtful_person, or any other deragatory name and I won't be offended, ok?

If so, I'm done with it, and just as we're fortunate enough to live in a free world where people can pay as much (or as little) for a comic book as they want, where people can actually HAVE FUN buying and selling comics over the internet, you can feel free to keep on playin' the A-side!

Thanks...