• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody here ever met a woman (or man) at a Comic Convention and “got lucky?”
6 6

133 posts in this topic

I'm more a slow-moving type and could never find a con connection in the time allotted.  Anyway it probably would have gone similar to the Brady sketch in SNL where he shows how easy it is to make a connection, then a schlub tries a similar tactic without success. (Me:  "Hi there!  Hey, do you collect that title?"  Her:  "Security!!").

Not during, as I’ve always been too stressed out by the experience and my charisma, sparkling wit and personality simply don’t shine through and impress under the circumstances.

I recall a conversation at a London convention when a lady attendee started talking to myself and another Brit boardie, and commented that she found many of the comics nerds there incapable of talking to women.  I said that my approach is just to be myself and if someone thinks I’m talking nonsense or complete BS during even a brief interaction then you probably won’t get along anyway, regardless of situation or intent, and that takes the edge off social anxiety and progression, Y chromosome or not. Long time since I had that problem, though she seemed to believe it was quite endemic, especially with the younger nerds. To be fair, I remember it well.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 5/17/2023 at 7:42 AM, joeypost said:

I know of two board members who had their marriages destroyed by other board members, if that counts. Technically someone found love, while someone else was devastated. 

There's so much going on among this group that goes way deeper than the surface-level interactions I'm having with you all.  :whatthe:

On 5/17/2023 at 7:28 AM, lostboys said:

There was this fat chick in a Sailor Moon custume...

"Anything under 10 mph and I can tuck and roll!?"

"You're not going anywhere 3-way!"