• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody here ever met a woman (or man) at a Comic Convention and “got lucky?”
6 6

133 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2023 at 9:34 PM, unclezebo said:

If I remember correctly Dylan mentions it as being a perk of the "system".....

Let's just say...I've seen so much action my junk is about to fall off.  Would purchase again ! ! !

Owe.thumb.jpg.dab677db89829892748dc15edfdd1919.jpg

On 5/17/2023 at 7:12 PM, Robot Man said:

This was about as close as it came back in the early days of SDCC. And, frankly, I was a little intimidated...

6f57134494b8797a13e752fb85debc0e.jpeg

If I'm not mistaken......that Red Sonja is Wendy Pini (Elfquest creator/artist).

On 5/17/2023 at 9:45 PM, Domo Arigato said:
On 5/16/2023 at 9:34 PM, unclezebo said:

If I remember correctly Dylan mentions it as being a perk of the "system".....

Let's just say...I've seen so much action my junk is about to fall off.  Would purchase again ! ! !

Owe.thumb.jpg.dab677db89829892748dc15edfdd1919.jpg

20220429_101529.jpg.e9eca4c50974160762bc9b011f7ebae7.jpg

On 5/18/2023 at 6:13 AM, F For Fake said:

Dragon Con, at least back when I was going, definitely had a large swinger contingent, and lots of general freakiness. I never got any action there, as I was usually staying in a room with three other dudes, so there was nowhere to take the ladies. One time I had a gal on the line, wearing some sort of Elfquest outfit or some such stuff, and it was going well, but I knew I had sleeping dudes back at my room, and she had sleeping roommates at her place. Also it was like 3am and I think we were probably all too smashed to do much about it. That still stands out as a missed opportunity.

One year my best friend seemed to be about to close the deal with two girls dressed as Phoenix and Invisible Girl, and we were all rooting for him, but he was so drunk that he ended up falling asleep standing up against a wall. It's a shame, as that definitely would have checked off several nerdery boxes. Oh well. Oh, and he had a fiancee back home, so I think that was holding him back a bit. But hey,  what happens at Dragon Con stays at Dragon Con.

The first year I went to Dragon Con, I was approached by a guy wearing little more than leather straps, to "get on the bus to Sodom", which I guess was an event, or club, or something. Anyway, I'm not into dudes, but there is a part of me that always regretted not going. Probably would have been a good story, and hey, I was only 20 or so, it's a good age to get your freak on. Any port in a storm, you know?

One year we were staying next to a room of Maskon dudes (being men who dress as women using full body latex outfits, including female masks.) I'm never one to yuck anybody's yum, whatever turns your crank, but even I was a little creeped out by that. I think it was the muffled, faux-female voices coming from underneath all of that rubber when they were trying to flirt with us. It was...a little unnerving.

So, yeah, lots of horniness at Dragon Con, but I never personally got any. Well, that's not true, one year I went with the girl I was seeing at the time, so I did get lucky, but does it count if you bring the person with you? Hrm, seems to take the sport out of it. And years after that, I took my then fiancee/now wife, but again, I just don't think that counts. So I'm going to give myself a failing grade, but A for effort!

IMG_6137.jpeg

On 5/17/2023 at 7:16 PM, goblinjareth said:

The real trick is to find someone and convince them to come to cons with you 

But fr I can't imagine trying to navigate who's emotionally mature mentally stable enough for that on a whim. Too many potential landmines

Frankly, at the early SDCCs I was much more interested in buying books, meeting artists and smoking weed with my buddies. Just being out of my parent’s house was great. My girlfriend would have most likely put a damper on all that. 

On 5/18/2023 at 10:57 AM, Robot Man said:

Frankly, at the early SDCCs I was much more interested in buying books, meeting artists and smoking weed with my buddies. Just being out of my parent’s house was great. My girlfriend would have most likely put a damper on all that. 

I used to take my sister with me when I was young and toootally understand that. She was not having fun and it was a bummer. But once I found partners that already like comics and nerdy TV at least a little bit, they really ended up enjoying the cons! Even if we split off to do different things, and they aren't particularly interested in sifting through longboxes, they find their own stuff to be involved in, like the arcades and panels

On 5/18/2023 at 12:24 PM, goblinjareth said:

I used to take my sister with me when I was young and toootally understand that. She was not having fun and it was a bummer. But once I found partners that already like comics and nerdy TV at least a little bit, they really ended up enjoying the cons! Even if we split off to do different things, and they aren't particularly interested in sifting through longboxes, they find their own stuff to be involved in, like the arcades and panels

For sure, it depends on the show as well. For instance, Dragon Con was a great show to take the wife to, because they have SO much going on. She doesn't care about comics, fantasy, or any of that stuff, but Dragon Con has a great skepticism track, so she was happy doing those panels all day. There's a little something for everyone.

On 5/18/2023 at 8:13 AM, F For Fake said:

One year we were staying next to a room of Maskon dudes (being men who dress as women using full body latex outfits, including female masks.) I'm never one to yuck anybody's yum, whatever turns your crank, but even I was a little creeped out by that. I think it was the muffled, faux-female voices coming from underneath all of that rubber when they were trying to flirt with us. It was...a little unnerving.

giphy(28).gif.8af8776413de4c0617007c1963cb1ee6.gif

Myself and another boardie who I will not name got flashed in a PM by a female boardie who I will also not name. Does that count? 

This was probably in 2003-ish and both the flasher and my fellow "flashee" are no longer around. 

On 5/18/2023 at 3:34 PM, COI said:

Myself and another boardie who I will not name got flashed in a PM by a female boardie who I will also not name. Does that count? 

This was probably in 2003-ish and both the flasher and my fellow "flashee" are no longer around. 

Considering they are not around and it wouldn't expose either of them now.

You can go Flag the PM for @CGC Mike to verify it actually happened and I am sure the OP might let it count. 

Hopefully she was pretty or Mike will probably hate me for this one. :roflmao:

On 5/18/2023 at 4:43 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Hopefully she was pretty or Mike will probably hate me for this one. :roflmao:

No one was happy that day. Disappointment, rejection and a little bit of fear on my end.

On 5/18/2023 at 4:34 PM, COI said:

If it's the person I remember, I don't think you were alone with those flashes...and it might have been her neighbor's picture.

On 5/18/2023 at 8:03 PM, jdandns said:

Yes, at the 2008 San Diego Comic-Con, near the DC Comics booth, I perchanced to lock glances with an advanced cosplayer who was the very incarnation of Wonder Woman, somehow a mix between the Lynda Carter version we all knew and the Gal Gadot version that was yet to be. Well, sir, one thing led to another, and that night, I lost myself to ruby red lips, milky white skin, and baby blue eyes, all while snuggly bound at the arms in an impressive replica golden lasso. 

She said her name was Russell. 

Cuz a lapdance is always better when...