• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody here ever met a woman (or man) at a Comic Convention and “got lucky?”
6 6

133 posts in this topic

On 5/19/2023 at 3:08 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

You I actually got to see them twice, both in LA.

2018 and 2021.  Its was fun, but I wish I was old enough to have seen them in the 80's.

Earliest I saw them was on the Illusion Tour; think it was early 90s.

Although I would add that the stadium show I went to for the VH 1984 album and later on Judas Priest/Scorpions were pretty unbeatable experiences. 

On 5/19/2023 at 6:32 PM, Larryw7 said:

I guess you have to be an old timer to get the joke.

Think I've just gotten to the point I do not remember as much as I used to.  Not really connecting the dots to it , but it may have been something I missed.  There really has been a lot on here over the years as well as many other platforms. 

So in the meantime...

swordfightinthedark.gif.a29c73b12e86afe41b630d78d2705e12.gif

On 5/19/2023 at 11:44 PM, factory sealed said:

Earliest I saw them was on the Illusion Tour; think it was early 90s.

Although I would add that the stadium show I went to for the VH 1984 album and later on Judas Priest/Scorpions were pretty unbeatable experiences. 

Bummed I never saw them in concert. I remember when Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 came out though - I had a friend who wasn't allowed to buy them (her parents forbid it), so we got the cassettes and we'd listen to them in our other friend's basement or drive around for hours blasting the tunes.

On 5/19/2023 at 9:44 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Think I've just gotten to the point I do not remember as much as I used to.  Not really connecting the dots to it , but it may have been something I missed.  There really has been a lot on here over the years as well as many other platforms. 

So in the meantime...

swordfightinthedark.gif.a29c73b12e86afe41b630d78d2705e12.gif

Ah, good 'ol "Skin Deep" starring John Ritter.

The original VHS release featured a glow in the dark label on the spine of the videocassette itself. Pretty clever, that...

On 5/18/2023 at 8:03 PM, jdandns said:

Yes, at the 2008 San Diego Comic-Con, near the DC Comics booth, I perchanced to lock glances with an advanced cosplayer who was the very incarnation of Wonder Woman, somehow a mix between the Lynda Carter version we all knew and the Gal Gadot version that was yet to be. Well, sir, one thing led to another, and that night, I lost myself to ruby red lips, milky white skin, and baby blue eyes, all while snuggly bound at the arms in an impressive replica golden lasso. 

She said her name was Russell. 

Lynda Carter?

F0ikAX1aUAE5npb?format=jpg&name=900x900

On 7/9/2023 at 4:53 AM, Duffman_Comics said:

Fellow in the picture is the artist closely associated with Red Sonja, Frank Thorne.

And that is Wendy Pini in that picture - she was God's Gift to Red Sonja cosplay back then. :cloud9:

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 7/9/2023 at 9:59 AM, Robot Man said:

And young fan boys all over the con…:devil:

There's a lot of moments where I think: "How cool would it have been to be at XX Convention back-in-the-day" and the top of my list would be in the 70's to see Wendy Pini as Red Sonja.

I had a Red Sonja comic signed by Frank Thorne and Wendy Pini on the inside front page (with authentication from her husband that it was her signature) that I foolishly got rid of when I was "out" of comics. :pullhair: I have a saved Ebay search in place for it on the one-in-a-million chance it ever shows up again. :wishluck: