• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Grade is in! PGM Tales to Astonish 93
2 2

10 posts in this topic

I sent this FedEx overnight for ‘Standard’ tier grading today so I should hopefully see results fairly soon. CCS doing clean/press. Thanks for any thoughts!

6FA3BBEA-896A-447A-A0D1-DAAD8EDB5417.jpeg

8C36D9E4-DA78-4822-B49C-953D46B03163.jpeg

CDB5D0DF-DA64-4650-9A46-953C7D69A7CE.jpeg

Edited by Eric C M
Update

The pics are not clear, they are grainy, when I enlarge them they get blurry.

From what I can see...

Very slight corner wear on left side corners, very slight spine roll, slight denting of upper edge on rear cover, there appear to be dust shadows on the rear cover, hard to tell by the grainy pics, assuming these are the only defects...

9.2 NEAR MINT- (NM-):  Back to Top
Nearly perfect with only a minor additional defect or defects that keep it from Near Mint. A limited number of minor bindery/printing defects are allowed. Cover is flat with no surface wear. Inks are bright with only the slightest dimming of reflectivity. Corners are cut square and sharp with ever-so-slight blunting permitted. A 1/16-1/8" bend is permitted with no color break. Small, inconspicuous, lightly penciled, stamped or inked arrival dates are acceptable as long as they are in an unobtrusive location. Slight foxing. Spine is tight and flat. Staples may show some discoloration. Almost no stress lines. Paper is off-white to cream, supple and fresh. Slight interior tears are allowed.

Dittos on the pics. Hard to make out details. 8.0-9.0 range likely.

Marie...:cloud9:

Thanks for posting.

Update: I received an email last night that this book had been reclassified from the Standard tier to the Express tier and I had been accordingly upcharged. First time that has happened to me, hopefully that means good news is afoot?

On 6/15/2023 at 4:18 AM, Eric C M said:

I received an email last night that this book had been reclassified from the Standard tier to the Express tier and I had been accordingly upcharged.

Interesting.  I thought the Standard tier was renamed and the Express tier was eliminated as of May 2nd (two weeks prior to this submission).  I guess the CGC staff did not get the memo.  :ohnoez:

Tiers.png.2ce3a0bfd12534ce88dbbd1b92f55b2f.png

Pretty thrilled with this outcome, I debated long and hard on this purchase through eBay but the pictures were too hard to resist and I’m glad I pulled the trigger on this beauty! Due to the so-so original pictures this probably isn’t as informative as some others but I figured I’d follow up anyway. Thanks for the feedback!

6F3C7CF5-826A-4D35-8387-9437621ECE83.jpeg

6F8860A1-D32B-48AE-AA8C-D484998D37BB.jpeg