• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my way of storing is right?
1 1

20 posts in this topic

Have to fill the box of the most books you can to prevent movement? I am Right? 

The things im not really understand is ok the books are upright but i have the sentiment they still pressure on top of each other. Im not sure

20230520_210234.thumb.jpg.531837c9c3da4c0892af47e46cb77603.jpg

Edited by BA773

On 5/20/2023 at 9:22 PM, csaag said:

you can fill empty space with bubble wrap, towels, bookshelf ends etc to keep from leaning

Ok but its correct to fill the box with as much book as possible?

Personally, I store books front to front, back to back.  This distributes pressure along the entire face of the book and not just along the spine.  You want your books to be tight, but not too tight.  If you struggle to fit another book, it's too tight.  If the books are leaning, it's too loose.  If the books are standing straight up and you can rifle through the top, it's just right.

I would recommend specific comic boxes (high sides with lids) which can be bought cheaply off amazon.

Storing in low sided boxes can result in damage to the top of books as you walk through to room at night, carrying something and misjudge distance, spilling/dropping something. Obviously many of us have stored books just like you are (and some still do). This is fine for now, but once you start picking up more expensive books I would recommend at least a short box.

On 5/21/2023 at 3:29 AM, DougC said:

I would recommend specific comic boxes (high sides with lids) which can be bought cheaply off amazon.

Storing in low sided boxes can result in damage to the top of books as you walk through to room at night, carrying something and misjudge distance, spilling/dropping something. Obviously many of us have stored books just like you are (and some still do). This is fine for now, but once you start picking up more expensive books I would recommend at least a short box.

This box is full of keys bro :news:

Yeah i was attracted by this box, you confirmed me in my choice.

I used to stick with 10 facing one way, then the next ten facing the other. I've changed that to 5. What I found over time (60 plus boxes later) is that as I re-bag and board every 7 to 10 years (yeah...OCD to some degree), is a spine roll effect to some degree if they are packed too tight and the comics shift towards the right or left side without me evening them out/keeping them "square". If that makes sense...

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 5/21/2023 at 12:38 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

I used to stick with 10 facing one way, then the next ten facing the other. I've changed that to 5. What I found over time (60 plus boxes later) is that as I re-bag and board every 7 to 10 years (yeah...OCD to some degree), is a spine roll effect to some degree if they are packed too tight and the comics shift towards the right or left side without me evening them out/keeping them "square". If that makes sense...

If you used mylite2s or mylars, I doubt you'd have to rebag ever.  

On 5/22/2023 at 1:08 PM, marvelmaniac said:

You made me go back and look at the pic again, now I have to up my meds...:pullhair:  :ohnoez:

Thing is...

...even if he straightens that row, I have a sinking feeling the bags/boards are not all the same size.

:frustrated:

On 5/22/2023 at 1:19 PM, lostboys said:

Thing is...

...even if he straightens that row, I have a sinking feeling the bags/boards are not all the same size.

:frustrated:

I hear that, even with my OCD my bags and boards are not all the same size, I have Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age and used what ever thickness  Mylites I found at the time, 1 Mil, 1.4 Mil, 2 Mil, although the books are in the proper size Mylite for the era, some Golden Age books are smaller than typical Golden Age but larger than Silver, so...

For me, they are in Alpha/Numerical order, totally organized in labeled comic boxes, the reason the bog/board thing does not bother me much is...

Out of sight, out of mind.

On 5/23/2023 at 2:16 PM, lostboys said:

Nah, youre good.

Im just playin'.

(:

Please be honnest, like the section name im a "newbie" so i don't understand if you joke or not.:cry:

On 5/23/2023 at 10:12 AM, BA773 said:

Please be honnest, like the section name im a "newbie" so i don't understand if you joke or not.:cry:

Seriously, your books will be fine as long as they are bagged/boarded and standing mostly straight up in the box.