• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ray Stevenson has passed away... Punisher Volstagg and Pullo in Rome

13 posts in this topic

A fantastic actor. What a shock. May he rest in peace. 

On 5/22/2023 at 7:16 PM, musicmeta said:

He was fantastic in the series "Rome".  Was really sad when Rome was cancelled after just two seasons. 

Agreed.  Enjoyed his performances in Rome and the Thor movies.

On 5/22/2023 at 7:33 PM, jdandns said:

He was a fantastic Punisher. I'd seen him most recently in "RRR".

He'll be in at least one episode of the upcoming "Star Wars: Ahsoka" series, so Disney will be able to pay tribute to him with a card at the end of the episode. 

A sad and shocking loss. Rest in peace, Ray 

He also did the voice of Gar Saxon in Clone Wars and Rebels. Way too young. 

This is bull__it.

Punisher: War Zone?  Oscar worthy.  Best Frank Castle ever, and it’s not even close.  Back when IFC actually showed movies instead of episodes of Two and a Half Men 24/7, I had more than one night in my youth when I’d drop everything for a War Zone / Rambo 4 double feature.

Gone far too soon.  ???

On 5/23/2023 at 10:16 AM, musicmeta said:

He was fantastic in the series "Rome".  Was really sad when Rome was cancelled after just two seasons. 

Same. Loved that show. It had such a commitment to authenticity. When the -script called for a butcher in the background, they didn't get an actor to play a butcher, they just hired a real butcher and got him to work with tools from the time. If that's not attention to detail, I don't know what is. 

The leads were all excellent, the sets were brilliant. True, if we still had Rome we would never have got Game Of Thrones, but given the way that turned out, I think that may have been a sacrifice I'd think twice about now. 

Ray Stevenson was one of the actors who made it seem so real. He really is gone too soon. 

Ray and I born in the same year.  I am only 2 months and 18 days older than him.  He had a clean bill of his health.  While he was in filming on Italian island, he had a brief illness and suddenly died.   What a shock ending of his brilliant acting.

His birthday was four days away.

Edited by JollyComics