• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Release! CCG Presses Play on CGC Home Video Grading VHS tapes!
3 3

62 posts in this topic

On 6/3/2023 at 12:17 AM, Krismusic said:

I dunno eBay sold listings say otherwise. I mean there are quite a few all can’t be fake completed sales.

It's been like that for years. Most of those are more than likely money laundering.  That VHS comes with your actual illicit purchase or is just the cover for the money transfer.  There might be a couple of suckers in there who see those sales and think the same thing. 

Do not get me wrong there are some valuable VHS , but Disney Black Diamond Releases are not some of them. 

Even at best a couple of the Black Diamond Promotional or Screener copies if still sealed and in good condition they might go for $100- $150 but even those can drop as low as $30 or a little less. 

With Disney VHS it's more the obscure and harder titles that do better. 

On 6/3/2023 at 1:17 AM, Krismusic said:

I dunno eBay sold listings say otherwise. I mean there are quite a few all can’t be fake completed sales.

Sorted by most recent, then number of bidders. Not seeing $$$. The only money I see are the single bid silliness & I don't believe any of those for a nanosecond.

I spent the 90's+ buying out all the inventory of every vhs rental store that closed on the U.S. east coast. I've inspected, boxed, unboxed, cleaned, cataloged, alphabetized, shelved, pulled, & reboxed countless vhs tapes. Diamond edition Disney classics are no less common than their non-diamond clamshell counterparts. That doesn't mean you won't occasionally find one of those "born everyday" types willing to pay for one.

IMG_9955.jpeg

IMG_9958.jpeg

Edited by Shazbot

On 5/28/2023 at 3:25 PM, Larryw7 said:

I wonder if there will be a pressing service for these?

I read that CGC will have a basic cleaning service that may remove price stickers from one's factory sealed cassette tapes even though stickers are part of the fun retail history of the item.

How many grading tiers for VHS or Betamax at CGC? Their competitor (that shall remain unnamed) has standard size slabbing at $90 US or upgrade to archival UV slabbing at $125 US each.

On 7/7/2023 at 4:12 PM, TheCollector2016 said:

If a VHS isn't sealed, can it still be submitted? It doesn't have to be sealed, right? 

Mike of CGC likely knows or will. I have been sealing my open VHS boxes with Crazy Glue. :wink:

On 7/7/2023 at 3:12 PM, TheCollector2016 said:

If a VHS isn't sealed, can it still be submitted? It doesn't have to be sealed, right? 

On 7/8/2023 at 5:55 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Mike of CGC likely knows or will. I have been sealing my open VHS boxes with Crazy Glue. :wink:

@CGC Mike

• Administrator
On 7/8/2023 at 1:47 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

On 7/8/2023 at 6:55 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

@CGC Mike

I have missed some of the marketing meetings, so I will have to ask and post the answer later.  I am pretty sure I know what  the answer is, but I would rather not take a chance on being wrong.  

On 7/8/2023 at 6:56 PM, CGC Mike said:

I have missed some of the marketing meetings, so I will have to ask and post the answer later.  I am pretty sure I know what  the answer is, but I would rather not take a chance on being wrong.  

Sounds good. Thank you. 

I absolutely believe VHS grading is a scam. Through a local charity auction I purchased a number of mystery boxes, one of which had a graded VHS through a non-CGC company. The closest on ebay was for 1k so I put it up for 600 with all offers open. After 60 days I received 0 offers of any type and no interest when I offered it to watchers for $100.

On 7/8/2023 at 11:24 PM, DougC said:

I absolutely believe VHS grading is a scam. Through a local charity auction I purchased a number of mystery boxes, one of which had a graded VHS through a non-CGC company. The closest on ebay was for 1k so I put it up for 600 with all offers open. After 60 days I received 0 offers of any type and no interest when I offered it to watchers for $100.

Damn. What movie was it?

On 7/9/2023 at 5:04 PM, Vhs-Interceptor said:

Damn. What movie was it?

The Perfect Storm; i'm just going to throw it in with my next auction submissions to comiclink and give them the $5. It was for charity so i'm am not put out about it. It just really struck me as concerning given the actual previous "sales" history recorded as I had been entertaining the idea of buying some of the graded X-Men cartoons but will not be doing so.

On 7/9/2023 at 3:39 PM, TheCollector2016 said:

I meant sealed in the plastic wrapping.

Yes, I realized that. I made a bad joke about resealing my VHS boxes using Crazy Glue, thus my use of :wink:.

• Administrator

I have confirmed that We will accept non-sealed and sealed VHS tapes.