• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does X-Men 4 (Jim lee) has common spine issues?
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Hey all!

I just picked up a lot of 8x XMen 4 and almost all have the same , small spine split at the same location on the spine. 

Is this a common thing? Would it affect the grade? (IE spidey 361 with the bottom of book "ticks" that don't affect grade)

Any help would be awesome. Thanks guys!

On 5/26/2023 at 8:31 AM, lostboys said:

Ive only ever held 2 copies in my hand and neither has that.

One of my copies is CGC graded 9.6 and the other is a raw newsstand in the VF/NM range.

I have 8 currently and 6 have the same exact issue at the same spot. 

On 5/26/2023 at 9:04 AM, Topnotchman said:

One of the easiest books to find in near mint mint condition.  Those copies look horrible. 

Far from horrible.  In fact , flawless besides the small split which I magnified 50xs.  Would still be high grade.  Question was. How common this is for this copy (thumbsu

On 5/26/2023 at 9:01 AM, Funnybooks said:

likely from binding...and it will affect grade

I was thinking more like damaged while being boxed at Marvel.

Maybe these were at the bottom of the pile and when the pile was tossed in the shipping box, the spines were damaged?

I’ve had/have multiple copies of this book and all were high grade without that flaw and have even given some away here for the x-mas raffle. My guess is the copies you have come from a mishandled bundle during shipping/storage

On 5/26/2023 at 9:54 AM, lostboys said:

I was thinking more like damaged while being boxed at Marvel.

Maybe these were at the bottom of the pile and when the pile was tossed in the shipping box, the spines were damaged?

could certainly be the case...either way, it's clear they're from the same batch