• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Romita Signature
2 2

12 posts in this topic

On 5/28/2023 at 3:52 PM, 850chris said:

Have you tried comparing it to other Romita sigs on the net? Also, other places that have authentication services offer a signature review for a fee (~$10).

Yes, I did. My guess is that it isn't very similar on a few of the letters, but that could perhaps be due to the pattern of trying to write it along the Torch's legs. 

So I look at a variety of things. The swooping J, the extension of the middle of the H beyond the edges of that letter. His N sometimes has a little different as I have seen example like the ones posted but others like the original post which are a very rigid N

Then on Romita, the R and O are always together. The rest of the letters are separate and not touching. Lastly the middle of the A in Romita extends beyond the letter.

The last thing I ask myself is why would someone fake this. It is not a book someone would fake a signature on to up the value as it is just a standard 60s ASM book. All of these leads me to say I feel it is legit. You can spend the money if you want but if it’s just for you to enjoy anyways, just go with it being legit and love it.