• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERO RESTORATION - BOOKS NOT BEING RETURNED
20 20

961 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2023 at 9:08 PM, wombat said:

From what we know he is a liar and a thief. Unless you are calling others in this thread liars. None of what you said makes any difference. He has stolen books. Big deal you know him. That means absolutely nothing. Everyone goes through hard times. Does that mean you lie multiple times to people telling them your book is getting packed up and shipped? He has had that AF15 for YEARS. You think that is OK?

Super duper libel.

On 6/24/2023 at 12:09 AM, jimjum12 said:

Phil's was almost leveled during a melee ... it was then demolished and replaced by The Meetup. GOD BLESS

Gee, a fella doesn't check in here very much for a few years and misses all the good stuff!

@Hero Restoration

Just as a side note, did your doctor tell you how much down time you would have? Because my elderly neighbor (she's got to be at least 75) had a heart valve replaced 2 weeks ago, she was home and walking around the next day and gardening a few days later. She's camping this weekend.

Thank goodness, medicine has gotten better at these things.

On 6/24/2023 at 2:35 PM, skypinkblu said:

@Hero Restoration

Just as a side note, did your doctor tell you how much down time you would have? Because my elderly neighbor (she's got to be at least 75) had a heart valve replaced 2 weeks ago, she was home and walking around the next day and gardening a few days later. She's camping this weekend.

Christ, thats some reprehensible remarks.

On 6/23/2023 at 10:20 PM, Hero Restoration said:

Or you don't know what your talking about? No, that can't be possible, right?

On 6/23/2023 at 10:41 PM, Hero Restoration said:

You know, I'm trying to do the right thing, but I am not given a fair chance. The idea that I am purposely choosing this is absurd. I have devoted 12 years of my life to this, and the harder I try, the more I sacrifice, the more I see I should be beginning like I am accused off, so keep it up. Calling on me for 30k at once, expecting me to hustle with my health, and then say stupid erroneous comments? You think making life harder for Hero is funny? Not when you realize I know more than a screen name. So, go ahead and post your grievance, with libel mis-information, and listen to a paralegal that must have spent most of his years working for a un-civil attorney. Go ahead, if you think you are anonymous,  and you want to defame me, go right ahead. I have had pros kick me in the balls, and I am still standing. What I learned in defense will surprise you. 

Or, you could try to put yourself in my shoes, and understand the impossible is being insisted from you immediately. I am not some 30 something Crypto thief, I am doing the best I can, pushing my health harder than I should, and threads like this have my question why should I. I should put my health first, have my surgery, and just tell every to wait. Maybe I will do just that. 

On 6/24/2023 at 12:14 AM, Hero Restoration said:

Has anyone even looked up the definition of libel? I can point out plenty, and very damaging ones. 

Libel

a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.

On 6/24/2023 at 12:16 AM, Hero Restoration said:

Has anyone even looked up the definition of libel? I can point out plenty, and very damaging ones. 

Libel

a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.

On 6/24/2023 at 12:18 AM, Hero Restoration said:

Out of context. He left out his threats and demeanor prior to my response

On 6/24/2023 at 12:20 AM, Hero Restoration said:

The term "missing" implies lost or gone. This was proven incorrect.

Libel

On 6/24/2023 at 12:24 AM, Hero Restoration said:

Stole?

Libel

On 6/24/2023 at 12:30 AM, Hero Restoration said:

Super duper libel.

On 6/23/2023 at 11:50 PM, Hero Restoration said:

Every minute I'm doing something else other than pressing shipping or restoration is eating up that time. I can't answer phones. I can't make the calls.

And yet you feel it's a good use of your time to make all those (rather silly IMO) responses here?

On 6/23/2023 at 11:38 PM, wolverine180 said:

In my original post giving brief details on my situation.  I made an error in time frame book has been gone. Since I am  on vacation I dont have any of my paperwork in front of me. But I was able to check old emails. I need to correct time frame book has been gone. I typed 3 years  But want to be completely transparent.  Book has been gone for 1.5 years. I should have typed 2 years as estimate.  Not trying to make situation worse or sound worse. So I  owning up to my mistake. Sorry for any misleading info. 

Right on.  The new timeframe still puts us in late 2021/early 2022, so I think it’s still right to question how he flubbed your “fast track” so badly.

On 6/23/2023 at 11:39 PM, Microchip said:
On 6/23/2023 at 11:35 PM, skypinkblu said:

@Hero Restoration

Christ, thats some reprehensible remarks.

What am I missing that made these remarks reprehensible?  

On 6/24/2023 at 12:24 AM, Hero Restoration said:

Stole?

Libel

Does that mean you gave it back to him?

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

On 6/24/2023 at 3:06 PM, skypinkblu said:

Why ? He might be better off and safer if he has the surgery first...now.

Sometimes when people are stressed they don't prioritize their health propetly.

When my father had heart surgery he was incapacitated for weeks...but apparently its no longer an issue in some cases.  So I was suggesting he ask.

If you took what  I said a different way...you read something that wasn't  intended.

There's nothing about your posting to indicate you brought up his medical concerns in good faith.

Trying to play it down afterwards, like you have genuine concern for the guy, you still look malicious in your intentions.

On 6/24/2023 at 2:38 PM, wolverine180 said:

In my original post giving brief details on my situation.  I made an error in time frame book has been gone. Since I am  on vacation I dont have any of my paperwork in front of me. But I was able to check old emails. I need to correct time frame book has been gone. I typed 3 years  But want to be completely transparent.  Book has been gone for 1.5 years. I should have typed 2 years as estimate.  Not trying to make situation worse or sound worse. So I  owning up to my mistake. Sorry for any misleading info. 

It makes sense of a lot of this though.

Everything in terms of timelines unwound over 2021/2022.

Orders flooding in, not handling them well, you get stress, maybe you become a stressed out manager.  Expanding, taking on more staff, the stress elevates.  Maybe you become a bad manager, staff leave, and suddenly the time frames for getting long order work out the door explodes in front of you.   All the while more orders keep coming in.

The events for things falling off the tracks aren't difficult to imagine.

The difficulty here is the very long timeframes for the big resto work.   They quickly become ridiculous if the work flows for the entire business aren't tightly managed.

Edited by Microchip

On 6/10/2023 at 6:41 PM, KCOComics said:

I don't think it's unusual for restorers to take a long time. I know I've had "quick jobs" take a year or longer to come back with other well respected restorers.  

But they communicated with me and I never felt like I wouldn't get my books back.

4 years to get a book back, when you paid over $3k up front is absurd!  And Hero isn't communicating with his customers. 

Untrue about communication, especially the last year I changed to where monthly updates were going out. Communication isn't the problem, it's not telling people what they want to hear when you communicate. That's the problem. 

On 6/24/2023 at 4:05 PM, Hero Restoration said:

Untrue about communication, especially the last year I changed to where monthly updates were going out. Communication isn't the problem, it's not telling people what they want to hear when you communicate. That's the problem. 

Do a CGC, stick to your guns, your books will arrive when it arrives, and we'll put the prices up.

There big guys get the excuses made for them, and the little guy gets pushed around and harassed because he's reachable.

Edited by Microchip

On 6/16/2023 at 6:28 AM, Black_Adam said:

This may not be the response his customers are hoping for, but wouldn't the simplest and most stress-free solution be to immediately return all books, finished or unfinished, and declare bankruptcy?   :wavingwhiteflag:

Yes, it would. I have been considering that for some time, but I never dreamed I would have to include any clients. Maybe it's my resistance, and my desire to fix as many as I can that is the problem. Maybe my problem is just not knowing when to throw in the towel. I always say to myself well this book just needs that, that order just needs a spinal. Be real shame not to finish. Which would be okay except the time to get it to finish is not happening so choosing quality over quitting is only making things worse for me.