• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERO RESTORATION - BOOKS NOT BEING RETURNED
20 20

961 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2023 at 11:12 PM, Microchip said:

Do a CGC, stick to your guns, your books will arrive when it arrives, and we'll put the prices up.

There big guys get the excuses made for them, and the little guy gets pushed around and harassed because he's reachable.

I'm glad somebody gets it. 

On 6/23/2023 at 8:59 PM, Nick Furious said:

I would call that a false equivalency, but that wouldn't even come close to recognizing the difference in the two situations.  I don't think anyone ever felt they were in danger of losing their books to CGC closing up shop and disappearing.  Or in danger of the only remaining employee becoming incapacitated if he doesn't stop working and get the surgery that has been implied.   I don't think there was ever a concern that CGC had run out of money, or the only remaining grader/shipper/everything guy was dealing with a difficult health situation.  

No you're right, instead you have to worry about some new guy popping staples on your book or a new grader giving you a lower grade than you should have given been given. how about that quality control where books just get laminated into the edge of the inner well and ship that way. Always best in numbers right? Or how about when your book sat in a box in receiving for 8 weeks and all they could tell you is they're in there somewhere.

On 6/24/2023 at 4:28 PM, Hero Restoration said:

Did I go through a nasty divorce after 30 years?

Bingo!

Divorce -

Step 1: get a million dollars, put it in trash bag, take it into the back yard.   Set fire to the bag.

Step 2: Step 1 is the easiest part.

Edited by Microchip

I made mistakes, and I am very sorry. I tried to build a company that could run without me, so that these concerns wouldn't continue to come up and cause the concern it is causing now. It was selfish of me wanting to build something big enough that I could be remembered after. I'm gone for doing something good. I realize that now. Dust in the wind, that's what I should have been happy with.

On 6/24/2023 at 12:16 AM, DougC said:

Posted below is something that was brought up privately as well as being discussed on another forum. Take all of this with an iceberg of salt as I do not know the exact time frames but please verify with the wayback machine a snapshot of the Terms and Conditions that customers potentially agreed to when attempting to purchase service:

These are specific from the website on 9/28/2020

These are pretty cut/paste boiler plate and do not change really for the next couple of years, there is a minor graphical change as the website was updated.

The major change occurred on 03/28/203 were we see the "current" NO REFUNDS SUCKA! terms and conditions. This is also the exact same date that the new authorized representative (changed from Mike in 11/22) filed the paperwork for dissolution: Business Entity Filing Records - 113157499.

Changing T&S then trying to hold customers hostage under the new terms isn't legal, but we all know by now that they money is long gone.

Here are some meme's..

image.thumb.png.3f3b0a80c119c82d6d2ce30fb4230a92.pngimage.png.7988b1d8c75d88a3e3174a57260a7859.png

Gosh, you really are a giant . Seriously, as a paralegal you must have worked for a civil attorney. Those working both side jerks rip you off and give you nothing, but more headaches.

Whatever it is you're trying to point out is moot. Nobody has respect for terms, contracts,or  reading them first. Doesn't matter if they've changed over time, if you don't respect it them you don't respect it and the only way you do is if it's a company that can enforce it. So it really doesn't matter what the term say, apparently you can cancel a purchase at any time, for any reason and expect a full refund and in a timely manner. And at the other party doesn't comply. Then you just find a workaround like a charge back right? Take the law on your own hands. Isn't that what you're doing now? The terms and agreement was never meant to be a hard stand. All I did was try to take the experience and knowledge from bigger and older companies. Who've gone through it already and prepare myself just in case. It doesn't matter in the end, nobody reads them. Nobody respects them. You've already proven as a retired paralegal, the law doesn't matter to you, only how you can get around it, right?  You think I just come up with these terms out of thin air? Where is the real smoking gun? That question of course was rhetorical, as I am pretty sure you do not care about trying to fry a fish bigger than yourself. Kudos to you for picking on the little guy. 👍

On 6/24/2023 at 12:41 AM, DougC said:

Although contrite this probably took a lot of effort if not resolve and is actually a good step to moving forward. The next step I would assume is a blanket email to all customers asking directly if they want their books returned (without refund) or to continue being "worked" on. Once all books have been returned to those that have requested it, work can continue on those that decided to stay.

I am serious when I say the above statement probably took a lot, given your previous statements.

Yep that just about covers it. Goodbye everyone. It's likely my exile will be complete by Monday.

On 6/24/2023 at 5:11 PM, thehumantorch said:
On 6/24/2023 at 4:21 PM, quicksilver said:

Mike, I just checked on dates as best I can, and you’ve had all three of my books for over six years now.

I just want the books back. That’s all I care about.

Am I ‘not getting it’ ?

6 years?  Oh god.  You must have paid for fastest track

He checked give or take an hour ago... as for the precedding 52,560 hours, he didn't seem to be too overly concerned.

Extensive professional resto work isn't quick work.   Check the industry (thumbsu

His Batman #1 took 6 years.   

On 6/24/2023 at 12:41 AM, DougC said:

Although contrite this probably took a lot of effort if not resolve and is actually a good step to moving forward. The next step I would assume is a blanket email to all customers asking directly if they want their books returned (without refund) or to continue being "worked" on. Once all books have been returned to those that have requested it, work can continue on those that decided to stay.

I am serious when I say the above statement probably took a lot, given your previous statements.

Edit: never mind, I retract the above; you are not the victim in this that has come to terms with bad decisions, you are the perpetrator that has preyed on people and refuse to understand why they are finally fighting back.

See, all it took was one response, and you switched back to the other side before I realized my knee jerk reaction, and could delete it  Oh well.

I never insisted I was the victim, although it does feel like that at  times, but I believe the real victims are clients that have to suffer because I am under attack.  The attacks against me over time have made me cynical, I see that now. I think it's just time to call it, and fold. The clients that are already aware, and willing to stick it out will get their work done eventually. Only thing I can do for everyone else is a professional wind down, and wind up. I will let the attorneys take it from here.

On 6/24/2023 at 6:17 PM, Hero Restoration said:

For the record, I am so close to done on QS 29, it eats away at my soul.

The actions are still ugly, but I have over 40 hrs on each of those so far. Hard to quit on books you are in the middle of, very hard.

How many more hours are required on each book to finish the Actions?