• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERO RESTORATION - BOOKS NOT BEING RETURNED
20 20

961 posts in this topic

Hero sucks! I sent in books and cgc sent them back to hero 🤦‍♂️ then they charged me an additional $60 to ship two slabs back to me. Looks like they didn’t even touch them either. One got a 9.4 the other got a 8.0 and looks even worse than what I sent to them. I still have a FF7 that I never got back. Will check on the status with cgc but it’s probably just sitting with hero and i will probably never get it back. Dude is a thief and a pos. I hope he loses everything. If theres a class action i want in! 

On 6/25/2023 at 12:09 PM, DeadOne said:
On 6/25/2023 at 11:53 AM, Old Fashion PB and J said:

So you are telling me people go out and spend 10-15K on supplies on a handshake? I call BS, I dont care where you live.

I had 2 bathrooms remodeled in 2022 for a total of 13K and didn't pay a dime up front.
I had my roof done in 2020 (including 3 skylights, and a shed re-shingle) for 8K and, again, paid in total at the end.

(shrug) 

Similar-ish situation: Just had my basement redone; I paid for all of the materials myself, up-front (from various different suppliers), and then the work paid to the contractors upon completion.

I don't know if that translates to comic book restoration.

As for CGC charging up-front: don't they have your CC information but don't charge until it's shipped? At least for grading; I have never done CCS.

On 6/25/2023 at 2:29 PM, DeadOne said:

Good find

He is looking for $160,000... :eek:

I don't think the majority of you are getting your money back

Screen Shot 2023-06-25 at 2.32.02 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

On 6/25/2023 at 11:29 AM, DeadOne said:

I know there have been complaint threads in the past, but this one just keeps on giving.

On 6/25/2023 at 2:44 PM, ExNihilo said:

I heard Uptown Girl on the radio the other day and was reminded just how much I love that song.

It's even better live.

Tickets are going to climb as he nears toward the final show of the residency for July of 2024.

You should also start a gofundme to offset the price. 

The number of people using GoFundMe to fund personal adventures is mind numbing.

No really, I was given an obscene quote of $7000 for some masonry work.

I should just start a gofundme.  Seriously... 

On 6/25/2023 at 1:57 PM, Buzzetta said:

The number of people using GoFundMe to fund personal adventures is mind numbing.

I was just getting ready to start a GoFundMe page, for an expedition I am mounting, to find the Lost Dutchman Mine.

Edited by DR.X

On 6/25/2023 at 1:57 PM, Buzzetta said:

No really, I was given an obscene quote of $7000 for some masonry work.

I should just start a gofundme.  Seriously... 

Youtube comic and video game "personalities" have funded trips to SDCC, game expos, etc....and people actually pay for it.

I would, quite literally, rather take my money and burn it in a trash barrel behind my house.

On 6/25/2023 at 12:14 PM, october said:

Youtube comic and video game "personalities" have funded trips to SDCC, game expos, etc....and people actually pay for it.

I would, quite literally, rather take my money and burn it in a trash barrel behind my house.

Some people like content creators enough to go so far as to give money.  Like people who give to YouTube/Twitch streamers.  For them, it's like "I need to support them so they make more content".  With YouTube, those people are already monetizing video plays (granted, the monetization isn't great unless you're getting like 100,000 views per video), so I find it weird when they livestream and people just "donate" $20 here and there.

On 6/25/2023 at 1:29 PM, DeadOne said:

On 6/25/2023 at 1:33 PM, Buzzetta said:

Good find

He is looking for $160,000... :eek:

I don't think the majority of you are getting your money back

Screen Shot 2023-06-25 at 2.32.02 PM.png

image.gif.12a38db892e250fe78783810154c3b53.gif

On 6/25/2023 at 1:29 PM, DeadOne said:

On 6/22/2023 at 10:06 PM, DougC said:

In November 2022 it looks like Mike removed his name as the registered agent for the business in an updated filing. Worse, all of this could very well be moot as on 3/28/23 HR LLC filed for DISSOLUTION in Oregon (not VA) and effectively ended all outstanding contracts. Mike has known about this and chose not to disclose this information while still operating a "business".

Take all of this with a grain of salt I could be reading these documents wrong... STATE FILINGS

A $20k donation gets you a seat on the board and a 10% stake in a dissolved LLC?

Edited by 850chris
Typo