• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's done, so now what? ASM run completed.
5 5

72 posts in this topic

On 6/12/2023 at 7:50 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

AF 15?

I keep playing the lottery so maybe? (shrug)

I've resigned myself as that is a book I'll likely never own. 

Having the dedication to focus and stay with it is awesome @universal soldier it seems daunting from here to start such, but that is what it would take to get it done :)

💯 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Quite an accomplishment! My suggestion is to pause and curate your collection. Do you like the Ditko and Romita runs the best, for example? What do you see yourself keeping, long term? Is investment value important to you? What other stuff did you read in the silver age? Ever consider dipping a toe into golden age? EC reprints are cheap, if you want to get an idea. Collecting Warren’s magazines could be fun. Let us know what you pursue next. 

On 6/12/2023 at 9:01 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

No love for Spidey Super Stories?

hm I do only own two of them...

On 6/12/2023 at 9:08 PM, ageofsilver said:

Quite an accomplishment! My suggestion is to pause and curate your collection. Do you like the Ditko and Romita runs the best, for example? What do you see yourself keeping, long term? Is investment value important to you? What other stuff did you read in the silver age? Ever consider dipping a toe into golden age? EC reprints are cheap, if you want to get an idea. Collecting Warren’s magazines could be fun. Let us know what you pursue next. 

Golden age is a slippery slope and a death knell to my wallet. I do need to upgrade some of the ASM issues and will do so over time. 

What's next? Sell my dupes, continue on the other silver and bronze runs in varuious states of progress. For new, likely pre-hero Marvel and then pre code horror. When retirement comes, I'll sell them all off so consolidation is nearing in the coming years.

On 6/12/2023 at 6:52 PM, universal soldier said:

This weekends' arrival :acclaim:

XRJX9277.JPG.6d711f5f5109c426b96b9641764ba3ad.JPG

Time to change your signature line? lol

Anyway, congratulations! ASM is one of the two Marvel titles I collect that I have not completed a run of - I need #1,3,9, and 14.