• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with problems with comics returned from CGC beyond 14 day grace period.
3 3

16 posts in this topic

My first shipment from CGC was returned with the boxes soaked in soil and some type of oil. I immediately forwarded the below emails to CGC and the shipping companies to let them know of the condition of the boxes and that I would examine the books to see if there was any further damage. I noticed one slab with debris in it and sent that to CGC as a mechanical error. I have further noticed small cracks in some of the slabs but I am not sure if these are a result of the slabbing process or if these occurred during shipping. I also paid for cleaning and pressing of all the books that I submitted but I can still see unpressed areas on some of the books, especially where there are non line breaking spine ticks or bends. I have spoken with several individuals at CGC to address resubmitting the books that have the unpressed spine ticks and also those that have cracked slabs as a mechanical error submission. However, I have been told that as I reported these errors outside of the 14 days that I have no recourse. According to the submission page in my account the books were shipped April 14, however, I did not receive the books until May 7. This was my first shipment to CGC and I have paid an enormous sum for professional cleaning and grading and feel that CGC should make every effort to rectify this situation regardless of the timeline as there were multiple issues with this order such as soiled boxes, cracks in the cases, debris in at least one comic and unpressed areas in some of the comics. I have other orders with CGC and would like to continue submitting books but I have lost confidence that I will receive a high level of service. Can someone please help me with any idea how I can get CGC to address this issue. Thank you.

• Administrator
On 6/14/2023 at 11:43 PM, Pappymeister said:

Does anyone have a direct email to Matt Nelson or his assistant that I can reach out to? Thank you.

Hi
I am sorry that you are displeased with your first submission.  Unfortunately, we currently allow a 14 day window period for customers to inspect their books upon receiving them to CGC.  I will look at any pictures you can provide to me regarding unpressed areas, but, can't make any promises we will accept them back to be evaluated.  I recommend in the future, you inspect the books prior to the 14 day window period ending.

Mike

On 6/14/2023 at 5:08 PM, Pappymeister said:

I have lost confidence that I will receive a high level of service.

The CGC Guarantee

Congratulations on receiving the Certified Guaranty Company's world class customer service, where you are blamed for their mistakes cause after all it is recommended that "you inspect the books prior to the 14 day window period ending". They look forward to your continued monetary support which will guarantee this same level of satisfaction!

As a consolation prize here is a cartoon word bubble to commemorate this day:

CGCED.thumb.png.5adeda8ba6269dc00cba950afbec1e90.png

Welcome to the forums...:devil:

Edited by DougC
fixed award

• Administrator
On 6/15/2023 at 10:02 PM, Pappymeister said:

Right. Thank you. I am in Canada so the books go to a US post service in Montana which then ships them to me. So they may count the arrival date as when the arrive in Montana. 

The count down would start when they are received at the address we ship them to.

Hi Mike,

Here are a few examples of the comics I mentioned. They have unpressed spine bends, dirt in some areas, newton rings, and there is an extra piece of plastic in my Dazzler slab that I don't know what it is for. Many of the cases also have 2-3cm cracks where they are bonded as in the image below. Strange thing is that for some of the comics with issues there were no grader notes.

20230618_205804.jpg

20230618_205852.jpg

20230618_205251.jpg

20230618_205315.jpg

20230619_133410.jpg

20230615_134213.jpg

• Administrator
On 6/19/2023 at 3:36 PM, Pappymeister said:

Hi Mike,

Here are a few examples of the comics I mentioned. They have unpressed spine bends, dirt in some areas, newton rings, and there is an extra piece of plastic in my Dazzler slab that I don't know what it is for. Many of the cases also have 2-3cm cracks where they are bonded as in the image below. Strange thing is that for some of the comics with issues there were no grader notes.

Hi

I will send your messages and images to the team for review.

Mike

• Administrator
On 6/14/2023 at 6:08 PM, Pappymeister said:

My first shipment from CGC was returned with the boxes soaked in soil and some type of oil. I immediately forwarded the below emails to CGC and the shipping companies to let them know of the condition of the boxes and that I would examine the books to see if there was any further damage. I noticed one slab with debris in it and sent that to CGC as a mechanical error. I have further noticed small cracks in some of the slabs but I am not sure if these are a result of the slabbing process or if these occurred during shipping. I also paid for cleaning and pressing of all the books that I submitted but I can still see unpressed areas on some of the books, especially where there are non line breaking spine ticks or bends. I have spoken with several individuals at CGC to address resubmitting the books that have the unpressed spine ticks and also those that have cracked slabs as a mechanical error submission. However, I have been told that as I reported these errors outside of the 14 days that I have no recourse. According to the submission page in my account the books were shipped April 14, however, I did not receive the books until May 7. This was my first shipment to CGC and I have paid an enormous sum for professional cleaning and grading and feel that CGC should make every effort to rectify this situation regardless of the timeline as there were multiple issues with this order such as soiled boxes, cracks in the cases, debris in at least one comic and unpressed areas in some of the comics. I have other orders with CGC and would like to continue submitting books but I have lost confidence that I will receive a high level of service. Can someone please help me with any idea how I can get CGC to address this issue. Thank you.

I have a question from the team.  Do you think that some of your books in this order were pressed/cleaned?

• Administrator
On 6/20/2023 at 11:43 AM, Pappymeister said:

Hi Mike,

I requested that all books submitted be cleaned, pressed, graded and encapsulated. Thank you.

Ok.  PM me your mailing address, and e-mail address.  Then, I will e-mail you a prepaid shipping label so you can send these back to us to be cleaned, pressed and regraded.

On 6/20/2023 at 10:43 AM, CGC Mike said:

Ok.  PM me your mailing address, and e-mail address.  Then, I will e-mail you a prepaid shipping label so you can send these back to us to be cleaned, pressed and regraded.

OK thank you Mike. 

Edited by Pappymeister