• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Series and Pressing
2 2

5 posts in this topic

Hi CGC,

Is it normal for signature series books to go straight to CCS upon receipt?  I thought pressing happened after the signing, but submission 4271848 is already at "Received at CCS".  This is for the Brooks signing whose submission deadline is still open.  If pressing before signing means I get it back faster, I'm all for it lol - long as it's still signed of course. Thanks!

• Administrator

Hello @Lady Death Footstool,

Thank you for your question. This is a common misconception. When your order is received into the system and visible on your submission tracking page, it is automatically placed in the earliest status for the respective submission. At this time, we do not have a status to show submission is waiting for the signing to take place. Because of this, your books are currently waiting for the signing to take place and then will begin being processed through pressing. I am sorry for the confusion this has caused. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

On 6/15/2023 at 7:34 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello @Lady Death Footstool,

Thank you for your question. This is a common misconception. When your order is received into the system and visible on your submission tracking page, it is automatically placed in the earliest status for the respective submission. At this time, we do not have a status to show submission is waiting for the signing to take place. Because of this, your books are currently waiting for the signing to take place and then will begin being processed through pressing. I am sorry for the confusion this has caused. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

@MattM CS isn’t it best to eliminate common misconceptions when possible?
also given that CCS was supposedly rebranded to CGC Pressing what better time to update the verbiage used when books are received

On 6/15/2023 at 6:24 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

@MattM CS isn’t it best to eliminate common misconceptions when possible?
also given that CCS was supposedly rebranded to CGC Pressing what better time to update the verbiage used when books are received

I 2nd that idea.

• Administrator

Hello,

Thank you for your comment! This is something that our software team and leadership is reviewing but we do not have a timeline for when this will be updated and visible on our customers portal. Thank you for your patience though as this and many other changes to the visibility on the website are coming. Let us know if you have any other questions.