• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And it begins....
1 1

34 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2023 at 9:52 PM, CGC Mike said:

Well, I am here to help if anyone is not able to work things out with customer service.  

I always appreciate your help, thanks Mike! In this case it is under control for now. 

On 6/15/2023 at 9:52 PM, CGC Mike said:

Well, I am here to help if anyone is not able to work things out with customer service.  

Hi Mike,

I may need your help with this one. When I contacted customer service they told me the $80 charge was all for shipping and they gave me a credit. However, I woke up this AM to find a bill in my Inbox from Fedex for shipping charges for the ME. Not sure what this is about, but I cross-referenced the tracking numbers just to be sure and yup it is the same one. I am not sure what to do about this one since this bill is from Fedex not CGC, but I was not supposed to be billing for this since it is an ME. 

• Administrator
On 6/17/2023 at 9:53 AM, Stefan_W said:

Hi Mike,

I may need your help with this one. When I contacted customer service they told me the $80 charge was all for shipping and they gave me a credit. However, I woke up this AM to find a bill in my Inbox from Fedex for shipping charges for the ME. Not sure what this is about, but I cross-referenced the tracking numbers just to be sure and yup it is the same one. I am not sure what to do about this one since this bill is from Fedex not CGC, but I was not supposed to be billing for this since it is an ME. 

Can you post this in the e-mail  you have with customer service, and copy me?  My address is:  mgreenwood@collectiblesgroup.com

On 6/17/2023 at 8:53 AM, Stefan_W said:

Hi Mike,

So you were charged twice?

Once from CGC and once from FedEx?

On 6/17/2023 at 1:00 PM, manetteska said:

Yup. If I had to guess, I believe this is because I am in Canada and FedEx charges a processing fee to handle customs on International shipments. I get dinged about the amount of the charge (approx $40) each and every single time I send books to the USA including to CGC. So when CGC did not cover the cost of shipping they also indirectly did not cover this. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure this is what happened. 

On 6/17/2023 at 2:11 PM, Stefan_W said:
On 6/17/2023 at 12:00 PM, manetteska said:

Yup. If I had to guess, I believe this is because I am in Canada and FedEx charges a processing fee to handle customs on International shipments. I get dinged about the amount of the charge (approx $40) each and every single time I send books to the USA including to CGC. So when CGC did not cover the cost of shipping they also indirectly did not cover this. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure this is what happened. 

How does another $80 credit sound? ;)

'Valid Mechanical Error submissions are not charged shipping, insurance or handling fees if the return is made within 14 days of the submitter’s receipt of the collectible''

Does this mean the time at which you shipped it or the time at which they receive the ME book at the warehouse?

If I am in Canada and I ship the item to they and for some reason or other it takes longer than two weeks for them to acknowledge the shipment, where does that put me ? 

• Administrator
On 6/18/2023 at 8:59 PM, aabruzzese said:

'Valid Mechanical Error submissions are not charged shipping, insurance or handling fees if the return is made within 14 days of the submitter’s receipt of the collectible''

Does this mean the time at which you shipped it or the time at which they receive the ME book at the warehouse?

If I am in Canada and I ship the item to they and for some reason or other it takes longer than two weeks for them to acknowledge the shipment, where does that put me ? 

When you receive your submission, the clock starts for the 14 day time frame.  The Online Submission Form will allow you to complete one by selecting the Mechanical error option.  After the 14 days are up, the OSF will not allow a customer to complete a submission form by selecting Mechanical error.   For US customers, a prepaid shipping label will automatically be sent to them through our website.  (not by e-mail).  This is more complicated for international customers, as they have to contact customer service to get the prepaid shipping label.  I highly recommend that you contact customer service ASAP, and make sure you complete an OSF before the 14 day window expires. 

The packing slip will show you have a valid ME, so no need to worry about the time it takes to get the package to us, and the time it takes us to enter it into the system.   

On 6/18/2023 at 9:15 PM, CGC Mike said:

The packing slip will show you have a valid ME, so no need to worry about the time it takes to get the package to us, and the time it takes us to enter it into the system.   

That all sounds great, except in this very thread someone was charged shipping with the reason given the box was opened after the 14 day window if I'm not mistaken. 

• Administrator
On 6/18/2023 at 9:41 PM, wombat said:

That all sounds great, except in this very thread someone was charged shipping with the reason given the box was opened after the 14 day window if I'm not mistaken. 

The customers account was credited.  We will get the kinks worked out.  

• Administrator
On 6/17/2023 at 3:11 PM, Stefan_W said:
On 6/17/2023 at 1:00 PM, manetteska said:

I know you added me to that e-mail, but I contacted that person privately as well because the e-mail address seemed generic to CS and I wanted to make sure the same person that originally credited your account would do so this time as well.  There were 2 prices on the FedEx receipt.  One was American, and 1 was Canadian.  I asked her to credit you the American dollar amount.

image.png

Hello Michael, 

I credited his account $36.81 for this shipping fee. 

Thanks,

Paulette

On 6/19/2023 at 8:53 AM, CGC Mike said:

I know you added me to that e-mail, but I contacted that person privately as well because the e-mail address seemed generic to CS and I wanted to make sure the same person that originally credited your account would do so this time as well.  There were 2 prices on the FedEx receipt.  One was American, and 1 was Canadian.  I asked her to credit you the American dollar amount.

image.png

Hello Michael, 

I credited his account $36.81 for this shipping fee. 

Thanks,

Paulette

Thank you Mike, you are the best!